Spike Camp

New Wby Vanguard Varmint

New Wby Vanguard Varmint
« on: April 20, 2008, 10:58:26 AM »
Dang you guys..had to place an order for the Vanguard Varmint to keep my Fibermark company.

Figured I wanted a .223 Varmint/Tactical bolt gun to compliment my AR-15.

Ordered a Ken Farrell Picatinny Tac scope mount so I can mount my IOR Tactical scope.

Anybody out there have one of these?  This is not the MOA, but if the heavy bbl is not accurate...Houston, we have a problem.

jacob taylor

Re: New Wby Vanguard Varmint
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 08:44:04 PM »
i have the vangaurd varmit SUB MOA in .204 ruger. love the rifle to bits. shoots like a laser over unreal distances, but cant go much bigger than a fox. shot a dingo with it a week ago and if it wasnt a head shot i wouldnt have dropped it. so yeah i would go the .223 if your going to be hunting anything bigger than a fox, but anything under, go th .204ruger

Maylor

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 06:12:09 AM »
i have a ruger m77 22-250. 26" heavy br. ss. this is a great deer rifle using 55gr extream shock bulets. the farthest shot was 230 yrds. 1 shot in the lungs droped him like a sack of rocks. these bulets work great for the 22s. shocking....  you can order these from extream shock.if you want to shoot biger game these bulets will work.thay will guarantee that. so will i. the 204 is a great round.

Oregon Jim

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 08:58:08 AM »
It may take another year or two to save up for my next favorite rifle, but it will be the Vanguard sub-moa rifle, .308 caliber, topped off with a Leupold Mark 4 LR/T with an illuminated recticle. Add to that a Harris bipod and a nice sling and it will be my dream rifle.