Spike Camp

Amazing bolt working skills

lamric

Amazing bolt working skills
« on: December 01, 2013, 10:06:20 AM »
[yt=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnvsQgHXGUs[/yt]

The way this guy drops running boars with a bolt gun is nothing short of phenomenal.

zonie

Re: Amazing bolt working skills
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 11:16:57 AM »
Reminds me of the way my dad use to rack a bolt never took his eyes off the scope.  Aimpoints  or red dots in general are very very fast.    I wonder what caliber he's using kind of looks like a 9.3x62,   whatever it is sure drops piggies.

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 11:35:45 AM »
WOW'''' ;D
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 11:52:35 AM »
I'll second Derrill's WOW. This guy is a rifleman. He's rolling these boar's on impact. I agree, it could very well be a 9.3 or something similar.

Jim

lamric

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 12:00:23 PM »
At first I thought he was using a Blaser but evidently its a Sauer 202.  I'd like to say I could do the same if I had his rifle but that would be like claiming to be able to skate like Wayne Gretzky if I had his skates.

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 01:14:22 PM »
He certainly knows what he's doing. The way he drops running pigs makes me think he would be wiping out coyotes with ease. Most of his hogs dropped on one shot.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

nd wbynut

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 02:04:47 PM »
Wow.  That is some shooting.  Do they pick them up or shoot them as vermin?   That dude is scary good!

lamric

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 02:38:25 PM »
The guy's name is Franz-Albrecht Oettingen and it appears that he's from a somewhat noble German family. 

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 02:52:29 PM »
that is crazy
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

james7mmwby

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 07:03:36 PM »
That guy is a shooter for sure. I guarantee you none of those piggies were wasted. Wild boar is a popular meat through out europe. The wild boar sausage I ate on a regular basis when I worked in europe was amazing. The wood on that rifle is super nice, a pricey piece for sure.

james

james7mmwby

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2013, 07:13:57 PM »
Sauer 202

greyrider

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 05:04:47 AM »
teutonic precisison

mike cardinal

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2013, 05:27:24 PM »
I avoid running deer shots as I am not good at it. Wish I could spend a day with that guy. I'll bet I could get some great tips.
Never hunted boar. Those buggers really move.

The Z-Man

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 06:56:04 PM »
Who says the Germans can't shoot?

That is a Sauer 202 in 7mm Rem Mag....

His target selection of the younger pigs is superb, cycling and target acquisition phenomenal, and his ability to maintain focus on animals to make sure they are dead is unique.....He is cool and calm, has reverence and doesn't feel the need to high five when he kills, a true sportsman, ein richtiger Jaeger!!

Germans can only buy a few guns, so they buy the best and get to know them really well. 

-Z

greyrider

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 08:11:11 PM »
The full story/video is available at Sauers website and huntersvideo.com (or huntersvideos.com. )
It is indeeed a 7 Rem mag shooting RWS ammo.
Impressive, but surely my 7 WBY MAG with WBY ammo would be even MORE effective.,,,,perhaps in the hands of another rifleman ;D