Spike Camp

Bases and rings for accumark

barracuda

Bases and rings for accumark
« on: May 02, 2008, 01:24:27 AM »
Can someone tell me what bases and rings would be best for a 1inch tube scope, 40mm objective? I'd like to be able to move the scope back as far as possible to get full FOV at max magnification when wearing hunting gear. This scope will go on a 257 wby accumark and since it's a long action it's a pain to mount scopes back far enough sometimes. Any ideas?

JB257460

Re: Bases and rings for accumark
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 02:40:01 AM »
I've switched all of my rifles over to Warne Maxima bases and rings and will never look back.  They are incredibly strong and precise.  I have one rifle, a Classimark II in a .300Wby, that has the QR set-up, but the rest are permanent mounts.

For your scope, you can go with 1" rings and low bases.  It's a beautiful set-up!

dbaca

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 05:05:59 AM »
I too have had great results with the Warne mounts and bases for the Mark Vs.  I have the permanent set up on a 300 ultra lightweight.  Leupold are also strong too. 

I recently have tried Talley steel rings.  They are super strong as well.  I have those on a 7mm Mark V and on a 340 Accumark.  The Talley are what Weatherby has gone to since switching from the other split ring set up they use to use.  I think it used to be the Buehler or Coentrol ( I can't remember which).  Check the website for info on the Talley.  I know that wasn't much help with three different brands, but I'm leaning towards Talley from now on.

Charles B

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 07:40:59 AM »
Warne or Near Manufacturing bases for slot type, Talley, Leupold standard or dual dove tail.  Near Manufacturing will give you ability to mount the scope further back.