Spike Camp

Bipods & Gun Cases

Bipods & Gun Cases
« on: December 30, 2013, 05:38:55 AM »
I recently put a Caldwell bipod on my Vanguard and now it won't fit in any of my soft gun cases.  Can someone suggest a soft sided gun case that will work for guns with bipods?

Bama Rick

Re: Bipods & Gun Cases
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 07:44:46 AM »
From what I understand on here, Derrill, aka purplefox66, makes very nice custom soft cases, slings, etc. You may want to give him a try.

P.S.  Derrill, when you you read this, I am wanting a custom sling for my older "new to me" Lazermark.  Just haven't decided what I want on it yet?   ???

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 09:43:49 AM »
My vanguard doesn't shoot as well with my bipod. I mostly shoot off my back pack. I am guessing it has something to do with the barrel and forearm and the barrel not floating.  
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 04:13:39 PM »
Thanks for the responses.  I have two hard gun cases and will use one of those until I can get a custom soft sided case.  Soft sided cases seem so much more convenient and easier to handle to me.  Seems petty, but I like to be able to open the truck door unzip my gun case and pull my gun out.  Hard cases need to be removed from the truck and set on the ground or tail gate and opened then put back in the truck.  Petty complaints I know but that my reasons for wanting a soft case as opposed to a hard case.

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 09:30:09 AM »
I have one I bought for my vanguard with 26" barrel with a Harris bench rest bipod from Midway. It is a Thompson Center 52" scoped rifle case with a zippered pocket. It looks like they are on back order at the time though.

badsection

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 09:55:33 AM »
Some of the "tactical" soft cases do fine for my rifles with bipods attached.    :)

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 07:21:39 AM »
Awesome, The cases from Cabelas look perfect.  Thanks

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 05:38:22 AM »
I bought the digital camo bipod gun case from Cabelas.  It was on sale for $40.  The case is awesome, it fit my gun perfectly with room to spare.  It has two velcro straps inside to hold the gun securely and also has pockets inside to put your butt stock and the muzzle of the barrel into.  It has two zippers with large handles which is great when wearing big heavy hunting gloves, two permanent large pockets on the outside of the case and two small moveable pouches that can be attached to the case anywhere.  The case will unzip and fold flat on the floor and seems to be of sturdy construction.  This would e a great gun case even if you don't have a bipod mounted on your gun.

Thanks Huntmontana 

NMARKANITE

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 08:41:05 AM »
No longer than it takes to remove a bipod i always store mine in my range bag never tried to leave it on a rifle for travel but good you got what you wanted and hope it works for ya!  ;D