Spike Camp

accubrake late late

raublee

accubrake late late
« on: January 02, 2014, 10:33:13 AM »
 ??? i sent my 300 wby mag to the custom shop for an acubrake  installation. i was told 6 to 8 weeks. its been 15 weeks and no one seems to know when its gonna be finished. i own several weatherbys andlove these rifles. why can i not get my acubrake installed in the time they told me it would take. has anyone else had this problem. does weatherby not care about its customers or keeping their word on the amount of time it takes to do the work. :( :(

raublee

Re: accubrake late late
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 10:52:01 AM »
anybody

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 10:57:54 AM »
Did you ask them why it was going to take this long?  Maybe the holidays has something to do with it.  Not sure.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

raublee

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 11:27:59 AM »
yes i asked my original date to get back was dec 1st. then i called back and was told dec 15th. the accubrake was a xmas gift for my father. Iwas told by man named josh he was personally gonna get the gun smith to get it done for me by xmas. and now i know nothing. shud be free after all this time.

NMARKANITE

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 11:45:21 AM »
call the Custom shop and ask for Mr Dean Rumbaugh as he is the man in charge of everyone and ask him these questions ? I agree 15 weeks is too long as mine did not take 6 weeks but I did not send it during hunting Season and Shot Show coming up and The holiday's but it should have been back to Uou before all of those event? good luck !!

raublee

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 11:47:12 AM »
I have emailed weatherby also several times with no response. i just purchased a series 2 youth model for my daughter awesome accurate gun. and a set weatherby scope mounts.. When i call and talk to the custom shop they say they will call me back. i have yet to recieve a call

NMARKANITE

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 11:54:10 AM »
Sounds like you have not been in contact with the Custom Shop ? Keep trying and forget about email to them as they for some reason not great about answering them?

Marshal_

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 11:52:44 PM »
I think the time of year has a LOT to do with it. My best guess is they have a large backlog right about now, and they have to take things on a first come first serve basis. I had a similar issue with time frame estimations when I put in an order to have a .300 Wby mag custom built. Order was put in around the first week of November, and finally got the rifle shipped late March.

I don't work there, or know what their backlog is like, or how they prioritize their incoming jobs, so I can't say how long it will take for your brake to be finished. But the way I see it, it isn't that they take so long because they don't care, it's that they take so long because they DO care. Better to have someone taking his time to get it right the first time than have some ham-fisted hack slam dance his way through the workload to make a quick buck and deal with the resulting screw ups.

raublee

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 01:04:33 PM »
thats fine but dont tell me your gonna get the gun smith to get it done 2moro and never do. i didnt give them the date i wanted its the date they told me it would be completed several times over.

jfornelli

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 02:31:02 PM »
Sorry to hear of  your frustrations.
As others have mentioned, I think it has to do with the timing more than anything. I had a very different experience when I sent my 300 Wby Mark V in to have a brake installed. For me, it took exactly as long as they said, 6-8 weeks.

If you were told it would be put at the top of the list and it has still been a couple weeks, it does make you wonder.

Good luck on a quick resolution.

Hired Gun

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 04:33:49 PM »
Did you ever get it back?  Did they do a good job?