Spike Camp

Support Wolf hunting

Support Wolf hunting
« on: January 07, 2014, 04:32:42 PM »
Saw this link on Facebook > Field & Stream:

Seems like an admirable cause. I don't live in Idaho or anywhere nearby but I'm thinking of donating. I wonder if other states have any groups similar to this one.

• View Profile
Re: Support Wolf hunting
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 07:22:40 PM »
Yup, count me in as a supporter of hunting wolves. A wolf is a lot like a coyote, and where I live, a 'yote is not a good thing for cattle, sheep, or just about any other livestock a family farm needs or raises.

I'm not in favor of killing all wolves. I am in favor of trying to control their numbers through good hunting practices. That is what has helped the White tail deer numbers expand, but it has also helped increase the numbers of Mule deer. Who wants the elk of the western half of the USA to wither and die in winters when there is little to eat? No body on this forum, for sure. We know (generally) that hunting helps trim the population so there isn't over grazing, which can lead to starvation.  Enough of my soap box.

Hunt wolves. They'll make more just like any other wild animal.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 05:33:29 AM »
Yes sir.... nobody knows better than the locals.

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 05:47:40 AM »
Controlled hunting is the ticket, not a mass slaughter, Every Animal has a purpose.

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 02:02:59 PM »
I say it's time to do some Helo hunts and send in The PIGMAN and Uncle TED  ;D
NRA Distinguished Life Member
Operation Desert Shield / Storm Disabled Vet

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 07:13:15 PM »
My home place is just over the "hill", on the Montana side from the areas that
Ridgerunner is talking about... Some areas have been nearly depleted of elk. All the locals knew full well that this would be the result and tried to fight the Feds but alas that is history now. Anyway, the differences in elk, moose and mule deer populations in many areas is striking today - compared to the pre-wolf days. Herds have literally been sacraficed wholey for the damn wolf. Inept management at best and probably even more sinister than just stupid. Sad, sad, sad...

Oh, and you know, the only people I ever recall supporting the wolf "reintroduction " at our local meetings were bunny huggers and enviro wacko types from out of the area. I was never at a meeting where a local person stood up supported it. Again, as said above, local management is the key. Listen to the folks on the ground and in the trenches every day. Period.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 07:19:20 PM by Wild Bill Hiccup »
“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”― Ernest Hemingway