Spike Camp

Discuss the Weatherby Mark V® Fibermark® Composite

Discuss the Weatherby Mark V® Fibermark® Composite
« on: July 27, 2007, 12:20:48 PM »
The Fibermark Composite offers a full complement of features not found on other production composites. Dependable, consistent performance and exceptional value.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 08:34:40 PM by webmaster »

FJR

Let's get this off and running. I for one think the MV Fibermark is one of the best hunting rifles on the market. I have been a fan since the beginning. I really liked the SS models and believe dropping that model was a mistake. Is there an administrative reason the SS actions were dropped? Please someone explain to this ole countryboy. >:(  ???

WISHING the SS was back!!!

« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 09:26:33 AM by Frank J. »

jocko

Re: Discuss the Weatherby Mark V® Fibermark® Composite
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 11:23:23 AM »
I wanted to buy a fibremark stainless but have now found out they dont make them anymore  :-\ How did or do they compare to the accumark ?

sempreelk

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 12:19:39 PM »
Let's get this off and running. I for one think the MV Fibermark is one of the best hunting rifles on the market. I have been a fan since the beginning. I really liked the SS models and believe dropping that model was a mistake. Is there an administrative reason the SS actions were dropped? Please someone explain to this ole countryboy.  

WISHING the SS was back!!!

+1 on that

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 05:51:57 AM »
Just got my third Weatherby. A Fibremark 270 Wby Mag 26"  from the mid 90's with an S serial number, a Saco Maine rifle with Krieger barrel. USA all the way. Took me 8 shots to zero it at 25y, then 100y, then 300y. This thing is dead nuts accurate. Definitely a keeper.
svenska50@hotmail.com
NRA LIFE MEMBER

yuma93

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 12:58:17 PM »
I have a 340 Fiber Mark that I swear by...3/4 inch groups consistently...Shoots just as good as my Accu Marks.

I use my hand loads of course. (200gr. SST s' with 82 grns. of H4350 won't change a thing on it. ;)
Yuma

Captflash

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 06:24:39 PM »
I've owned my .270 WBY mag for 40 years and bought it over the counter at the Southgate store from Roy Weatherby personally. I still remember the huge polar bear mounted near the front door. I haven't always treated that rifle kindly, but it still shoots 3.5 inches at 200 yds. None of my other rifles comes close in terms of accuracy.

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 04:12:49 PM »
I agree with the others wishing the Stainless Mark Vs would be made again.  My Brother has one in .340 Weatherby Magnum and that rifle has the smoothest action I've ever seen, it's like glass.  Years ago the Fibermarks had a white diamond in the pistol grip cap area but they stopped doing that.  I wish they would still put the diamond on because that was classy and you knew right off the rifle was a Weatherby.  I don't have a Fibermark yet but my Dad has one in .300 Weatherby Magnum and that rifle is a tack driver. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 09:43:22 PM »
Just got my third Weatherby. A Fibremark 270 Wby Mag 26"  from the mid 90's with an S serial number, a Saco Maine rifle with Krieger barrel. USA all the way. Took me 8 shots to zero it at 25y, then 100y, then 300y. This thing is dead nuts accurate. Definitely a keeper.

I added a Sims De-Resonator donut to the barrel, it shot an 1.88 group at 425y off the bags. I think I can do better groups in the future. Later that month I shot the 600y range for qualification on it, and it needed very little adjustment of the scope. I'll re shoot the 600 soon for group.
svenska50@hotmail.com
NRA LIFE MEMBER