Spike Camp

Hoyt Faktor

Hoyt Faktor
« on: March 02, 2014, 01:41:46 AM »

I bought this a couple days ago. I had a Mathews Z7 Extreme.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

Re: Hoyt Faktor
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 01:46:33 AM »
It is the Hoyt 30 guess I should of said. I have an AAE Limb drove rest. I had a limb driver on my old bow. I wanted to give the AAE version a try this time. I want to replace my Viper sight with something else. Not diggin' the red ring. I would rather have white or orange.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

Jamesrapley

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 07:01:04 AM »
Well what are your preferences on a site besides not liking a red ring, do you want a fixed with multiple pins or a moveable with a single upright pin. This is your hunting bow im guessing

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 08:02:24 AM »
Nice looking bow!  How does it shoot, and what is the speed of the arrows?  Do you like it better than your Mathews?
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 08:07:23 AM »
I am not sure if I like more yet. I have not got to shoot to much yet. I love the grip that is for sure.
I would prefer a 3-5 pin sight that has .019 Size pins. I have tried the one pin slider which are nice for target shooting I did have much luck with them hunting.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 08:11:48 AM »
I think IBO is 332. It is a little over 70 pounds and my draw length is 28.5. I am using 27.5 Axis arrows with 100 grain tips. I am guessing mid 280's?
I have noticed that the draw length is a little longer than what my 28.5 Draw was with my Mathews I have had in the past.

Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 08:27:29 AM »
Cool, thanks for the info.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 08:33:08 AM »
No problem. We have an archery section, somebody needs to use it.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

Jamesrapley

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 10:09:07 AM »
I am not sure if I like more yet. I have not got to shoot to much yet. I love the grip that is for sure.
I would prefer a 3-5 pin sight that has .019 Size pins. I have tried the one pin slider which are nice for target shooting I did have much luck with them hunting.

Have you looked into any of the black gold sites you can change the ring colors which you mentioned or axcel sites

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 10:18:40 AM »
I have had the black gold sights before. they are nice.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

Jamesrapley

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 10:31:56 AM »
I think IBO is 332. It is a little over 70 pounds and my draw length is 28.5. I am using 27.5 Axis arrows with 100 grain tips. I am guessing mid 280's?
I have noticed that the draw length is a little longer than what my 28.5 Draw was with my Mathews I have had in the past.

Hoyt measures in ATA not IBO. ATA is 70# at 30" draw at 5gr per lb. Where IBO can be tested at any poundage as long as the arrow is 5gr per lb basically just trying to make a more accurate number. Id bet that your shooting faster than 280 id say closer to 310 depending on your arrow weight, fletching, and what else you got attached to the string. And you could have someone and a turn or two to the cables if you want to shorten it up a bit

I have had the black gold sights before. they are nice.
Ya they are super nice guys to I toured there shop a couple years ago. Im switching from my.surlock leathal weapon this year I think
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 10:37:02 AM by Jamesrapley »

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 11:14:27 AM »
Awesome looking bow! I bought a Mathews ChillR a few weeks ago to replace my Mathews Creed.  It's the smoothest draw and shot I have ever tryed.
Scott

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 11:26:15 AM »
Mathews are good bows no doubt. I have had a couple of them.
I am shoting arrows that are around 10.4 gpi. They are 27.5 inches. with fletching insert and glue they are prolly around 420ish. I am just guessing of course because I have not weighed one that was finished for years. They are the Beman MFX's. I don't think they make them anymore. We shot bullet holes through paper with them. I like the small diameter arrows. They really penetrate.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 11:30:42 AM »
I bought this hoyt because I have owned a Hoyt yet. I have pretty well have shot them all. I will never be a fanboy to one certain brand of bow, except trad bows. I only shoot Dan Toelke bows. But I do have say, this bow does look cool:) thanks for the comments guys.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 01:35:23 PM »
Chris:That is one bad ass looking bow.Looks like you have it tricked out good also.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.