Spike Camp

Ed, Bring Back the SS Mark V

W30378

• View Profile
Ed, Bring Back the SS Mark V
« on: May 22, 2008, 01:38:10 AM »
Please bring the stainless Mark V back into production.  I'll buy one in a heartbeat!!  There needs to be a SS rifle in the Mark V line up.  Bad as I hate to say and no flames intended, the Vanguard just does not do it for me.

Make me happy in 2009!!
NRA Benefactor

avagadro

Re: Ed, Bring Back the SS Mark V
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 02:08:17 AM »
I'm with you.  Have a SS Fibermark in .280Rem and love it.  Passed up a SS/Syn in .257Roy and really regret it now.

If you do bring back the SS MkV ... offer them in either a Euromark or Eurosporter stock too!!!  SS rifles in oil finished stocks just simply rock!

I'm also in agreement with the Vangard, I know they sell, but they are no MkV!

Heat

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 11:21:17 PM »
I think we can all agree on an all stainless Mk V.  I have the Vanguard stainless sporter in 257 and have to agree that I like my Accumark in 338-378 better as to the action.  Not complaining about the Vanguard, I just love the Mk V action that much.  No question in my mind that an all stainless action in the Mk V lineup would be great, particularly in the Accumark and Deluxe/Sporter lines.

Ken....

kfrog

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 12:09:44 AM »
All yes and all Stainless Mark V That would be just to  good.
If I could I would place my order now.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 12:12:27 AM by kfrog »

Cu-Melter

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 08:05:08 PM »
At least in the Ultra-Lite lineup ;D

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 08:44:46 PM »
I want one too.
It all started with a 280....

astro_hunter

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 10:04:54 PM »
I completely agree.  My 300 Weatherby in SS is my go-to gun.  I've been wanting to get something else a touch lighter and was finding my self looking at other brands just for the SS.  I would also like to upgrade from the plastic on my 300 - fibermark would be a great platform for those of us looking for the SS/synthetic combination.

CircuitRider

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 09:16:16 AM »
Yes at least to start with a SS Mark V Synthetic in 240Wby, 257Wby, 300Wby, 340Wby and standard cartridges like the 30-06, 270, 280, 25-06, 243, 22-250 etc etc and I believe it would really increase not only Weatherby sales but Weahterby appeal.  On top of that when Weatherby produced the SS rifle it was absolutely beautiful.  I think it would be an immediate boost for Weahterby in all respects.  Ed, please consider the possibility of a SS Weatherby Mark V,  I think it will be a good thing for Weahterby.  It will pay for itself in a short period of time. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 09:18:25 AM by CircuitRider »

FJR

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 01:28:12 PM »
If a vote will have an effect, put me down as "YES".

Frank
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 01:29:46 PM by FJR »

petey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 06:12:38 PM »
I have the Vanguard Sporter SS... my first rifle.  I love that gun.
But the Mark V SS... thats one I will start saving for right now.  There is obviously a market for it.  Funny thing, of all the guns I've bought... mind you its only a pistol, 2 shotguns, and 3 rifles.. I've ALWAYS filled out the warranty cards.  I got a hand signed letter in the mail from Ed Weatherby with a new catalog personally thanking me for my purchase and feedback.  Remington, Mossberg, Beretta... sent me NOTHING. 
There are posts here from Ed...  Funny, I feel like part of a new family.  I know they will make the Mark V is SS because of these posts and feedback here.  That is part of what makes Weatherby a great company.   

Gorion

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 11:12:24 PM »
Picked up a NIB Lt Wt SS Mark V today in 30.06. So Glad I found it sitting in a gun shop. Last one they had. Definately better than the Vanguard.

If I hadn't found this Mark V, I would have bought a Tikka T3

eweatherby

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 08:50:24 AM »
We are listening to your posts regarding the SS and you just never know what the future may hold.  I appreciate the feedback.

E.W.

jeep_guy_4x4

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 03:00:14 PM »
More options would be great....

I would really like a mark V synthetic stock & wood stock combo with a non game glare barrel....

etc... an accumark with a deluxe stock combo would be great...

I just don't like the vanguards...

It would also be nice to have a .22 cal mark 5 for the range since ammo is so cheap...

7mm-300wby

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 09:35:48 AM »
To have the S/S MkV would be good. But to have them in a left handed as well would be GREAT  ;D

Elkcraz

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 08:29:29 PM »
Here's my two cents for what it's worth.  There are a few hard working calibers I'd like to see in the line up.  They are .264 Win Mag, .284 Win, 35 Whelen, and the 25-06 Rem.  I'd put them in the Vanguard SS and the Mark V.  I'd bring back the Mark V in SS and offer both platforms in SS w/ Deluxe Walnut w/ upgraded wood for those guys wanting a classic.  I would also offer both platforms in SS w/ synthetic stocks.  Sure you can charge more for the upgraded wood then watch them blow out the door like a hurricane. 

Winchester will never be the rifleman's rifle of years gone by so now it can be Weatherby's turn.  This is saying a lot for a man that has a battery of model 70's.

I purchased my first Weatherby 3 months ago, a .257 Weatherby and it shoots like a house a fire! I am impressed with the quality and accuracy of my rifle.  I am now working up some handloads that will outperform my abilities.

So there you have it.  There's always some classic calibers that folks will want to see in the lineup so there's my choices for what they are worth.   :)