Spike Camp

Vanguard Cleaning videos

eoats

Vanguard Cleaning videos
« on: May 05, 2014, 10:39:55 AM »
Only I I found online so far is this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmBI0MY6nDs

It would nice to have a video with some close ups of some of the details.
Anyone know of any?

zonie

Re: Vanguard Cleaning videos
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 01:24:24 AM »
Whow !  not quite sure what to say about that lengthy you tube.  I don't know if it's the polishing of the bolt with 220 & 400 grit to make it smoother,  really does it do that.    The lack of explaining any shims under the magazine floor plate,  the correct action torque and barrel alignment.    Maybe Weatherby should put together a variety of various you tubes of common procedures and often asked questions, and have them accessed thru this site.  Sure make it easier than trying to explain something to someone in writing.   

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 06:53:41 AM »
Excellent idea Zonie. A series of infomercials like Larry Potterfield does for Midway USA. Kinda like Weatherby does now with the tip of the month, except it would be dedicated to Weatherby Q&A and correct procedures for doing some of the common tasks that are often asked about. ( without getting into things with liability issues ) If enough nation members are like minded, maybe Weatherby would be receptive. +1 on your idea. Dan
DosEquisShooter

NMARKANITE

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 11:12:23 AM »
I have done 2 Vanguards by the procedure below and it worked just fine for me and I do an abbreviated version for Mark V's ! I called Criterion and said to do an abbreviated version on the better barrels !

https://www.legacysports.com/uploads/pdf/NewRifleBreakInProcedure.pdf

This procedure above used to be different as it used to be 40 rounds if I recall but they have shortened it now! I would also say on the Vanguards that last time you use windex make sure to run bore solvent with a brush and patches a few times to make sure NO windex is left in barrel as you will see it as it will turn a rusty color which has got to be removed 100 % ! they use windex to make sure bore solvent and copper cleaner are not in barrel with each other as mixing the 2 will corrode the throat and the lands and grooves!

eoats

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 02:17:26 PM »
Whow !  not quite sure what to say about that lengthy you tube.  I don't know if it's the polishing of the bolt with 220 & 400 grit to make it smoother,  really does it do that.    The lack of explaining any shims under the magazine floor plate,  the correct action torque and barrel alignment.    Maybe Weatherby should put together a variety of various you tubes of common procedures and often asked questions, and have them accessed thru this site.  Sure make it easier than trying to explain something to someone in writing.  

Exactly. The video I linked to seems just ok, I'd love to be able to see the parts better AND if it were done with or by Weatherby, well it would certainly make me feel like I'm being supported!