Spike Camp

Base for Vanguard S2

samj123

Base for Vanguard S2
« on: May 29, 2014, 08:52:49 AM »
Hi there,

My first post on the forum.

I was given a brand new Vanguard Series 2, chambered in .270 win. I haven't put to many rounds through it yet (about 50) but I love everything about this rifle. Right now I have a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 mounted with Leupold two piece base and rings ($50 at cabalas). So far they have been good but with some of the reading that I've done I am curious about going to a one piece base. I haven't been able to find much information on a one piece base on a Vanguard 2 (Plenty with the Mark V).

Does anyone have experience with a one piece base on a Vanguard 2? Will anything that fits the first generation Vanguard work on the second generation?

I am wanting to upgrade the base and rings so that they will be very sturdy for a Antelope hunt this fall, while trying to not break the bank. I will most likely be upgrading the scope at some point in the next couple of months as well.

Let me know if you have guys have any questions and thank you in advance for your answers!

- Sam

NMARKANITE

Re: Base for Vanguard S2
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 10:03:58 AM »
http://www.dnzproducts.com/game-reaper-mounts/weatherby-vanguard
Moderate priced ring mount design that several folks use here and have heard no body complain!
I would call them and make sure you get the rite height as it will be according to your Optiks upgraded objectives diameter ! On the height ya use and give their CS a call !  Terminator I think has a set on a 300 Wby and it's a tack driver !
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:05:40 AM by NMARKANITE »

samj123

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 10:11:18 AM »
Great info! That is just the kind of thing that I am looking for.

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 10:31:33 AM »
I have the DNZ on a 257 Weatherby and also on a 375 Ruger.No complaints with either and the 375 Ruger packs a wallop. ;D
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.