Spike Camp

What do you guys think?

" If your going to put a hole in something, make it a hole to be proud of "

Re: What do you guys think?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 06:44:14 AM »
Around 350.00 but does it get more mindless than that thing? Certainly not gonna shoot groups with it strapped to barrel but it seems pretty slick to me.
" If your going to put a hole in something, make it a hole to be proud of "

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 08:35:01 AM »
I like it Clint.Sure seems hassle free.Not crazy about the $350 price though.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 06:58:41 PM »
I have the V1 and really like mine.  Where I shoot now i don't have the luxury of setting my other chrony out 10 ft.
Chris -

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams

"Why run, you will only die tired." - Sniper

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 02:30:22 AM »
The price tag is too much for me. I have an older chronograph that still works good enough. I managed to shoot one of the shade arms but I replaced the rod OK.

Remember when VCRs became more affordable in the early 1980s? Like them, this newest generation of the chronograph might follow the same line of prices getting lower as time goes by.

Oddly enough, the smallest shot group I produced with my 300 Wby was while I got readings from the chrony. I was more interested in NOT shooting the chrony than I was anything else. This is one of the times it paid to have a lower setting on the scope so I could see the chrony with as much clarity as possible.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 03:38:51 AM »
I like it! But I too will wait for the price to come down and see what the reviews say after enough of them get out into the public. 

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 07:39:38 AM »
It is interesting. But I have always been A hard sell on new technology. I tend to let others be the guinea pig. And climb on board as the product is getting phased out.
Mark

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 11:05:43 AM »
I got the opportunity to try one of the Magneto V3 Sunday.I was very impressed and have to say it worked as advertised.We used it on 3 different guns.It comes with different sized shims to fit on different sized barrels.Quick and easy to use.
Roger

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 12:35:31 PM »
Roger, any indications that this device alters the harmonics of the barrel, etc.?  I'm thinking accuracy might be effected on some rifles.  For all we know it could either degrade or improve groups.
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife".
Daniel Boone

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 03:39:37 PM »
Mark:It could probably make a difference either way but It didnt seem to hurt accuracy on the owner of its gun.A Rem heavy short barrel 308 that shot 1/2 groups with it on the gun and his 300 wsm that was shooting 1 inch groups.I was shooting a 22-250 Savage with a load I had not shot before that was pretty wild,much to see how much speed I could get put of it with a 40 grain bullet and a hefty load of Varget.4300 fps and some keyholing as expected because of my barrel twist.Chris (Sheldch) has one and could probably give you more info on how it affects his guns.
Roger

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 09:24:01 AM »
Well, if you are worried about it affecting your groups, use it to get an average of 3 or 4 cartridges, then remove it to shoot for groups. I like the idea of not having to set all the stuff up in front of the bench(maybe that's why I don't have one), will wait till price drops.

Bill