Spike Camp

Talley rings & bases

IanD

Talley rings & bases
« on: August 17, 2014, 09:08:08 PM »
Can anyone tell me what the numbers on Talley 2-piece bases mean? Mine are 1 and 30. I am looking to use them on my Mk V Euromark in .378 and because I bought them used (previous owner had them on a Accumark) I don't know if they are specific to certain models. Any ideas?

badsection

Re: Talley rings & bases
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 07:54:31 AM »
I have a Talley Catalog. It looks that the mounts for a Accumark and a Mark V are interchangeable.  Giving Talley a call should settle your question.  Great people to deal with!   :)

badsection

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 07:58:17 AM »
Guess I should clarify that. 9 lug Mark V and 9 lug Accumark ring/mounts look to be interchangeable. If that Accumark is a 6 lug action, they won`t work.  :)

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 08:28:00 AM »
As Bad said, if they came off a 9-lug action, they can go on any other 9-lug action except the Ultralightweight.  That one requires a specific set of bases unique to that action.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

IanD

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 07:23:12 PM »
Thanks guys. I did get a quick response from Talley and all is good to go. Now I just need to figure out why my Warne bases would not work on the Euromark...

I bought some Maxima 2 piece bases M902/879M. Installed them on the action, and attempted to mount a Leupold 3-9x50 using high Warne rings and could not get the recoil slots to line up. Any ideas?

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 06:41:49 PM »
As Bad said, if they came off a 9-lug action, they can go on any other 9-lug action except the Ultralightweight.  That one requires a specific set of bases unique to that action.
I know this is an old post but i don't see any special bases for the 9 lug Ultralightweight action on the Talley website, only for the 6 lug ULW. I am looking for some bases at the moment for 9 lug ULW and am getting confused a bit.

Regards
Peter
IF YOU CAN"T DAZZLE WITH BRILLIANCE................BAFFLE WITH BULLSHIT!!

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 11:26:37 PM »
Give them a call Monday, I ordered the wrong height off there web site several years ago. I called to ask about returning them and getting the right height and they sent me the right ones at no charge!!! I know they have them because that's what I have on my 9 lug ULW.
Doug

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 07:33:55 PM »
If it's a nine lug there is no difference between the ULW to the Accumark.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 11:47:24 PM »
If it's a nine lug there is no difference between the ULW to the Accumark.

8) 8)
IF YOU CAN"T DAZZLE WITH BRILLIANCE................BAFFLE WITH BULLSHIT!!