Spike Camp

Talley rings & bases

IanD

Talley rings & bases
« on: August 17, 2014, 08:08:08 PM »
Can anyone tell me what the numbers on Talley 2-piece bases mean? Mine are 1 and 30. I am looking to use them on my Mk V Euromark in .378 and because I bought them used (previous owner had them on a Accumark) I don't know if they are specific to certain models. Any ideas?

Re: Talley rings & bases
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 06:54:31 AM »
I have a Talley Catalog. It looks that the mounts for a Accumark and a Mark V are interchangeable.  Giving Talley a call should settle your question.  Great people to deal with!   :)

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 06:58:17 AM »
Guess I should clarify that. 9 lug Mark V and 9 lug Accumark ring/mounts look to be interchangeable. If that Accumark is a 6 lug action, they won`t work.  :)

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 07:28:00 AM »
As Bad said, if they came off a 9-lug action, they can go on any other 9-lug action except the Ultralightweight.  That one requires a specific set of bases unique to that action.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

IanD

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 06:23:12 PM »
Thanks guys. I did get a quick response from Talley and all is good to go. Now I just need to figure out why my Warne bases would not work on the Euromark...

I bought some Maxima 2 piece bases M902/879M. Installed them on the action, and attempted to mount a Leupold 3-9x50 using high Warne rings and could not get the recoil slots to line up. Any ideas?

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 05:41:49 PM »
As Bad said, if they came off a 9-lug action, they can go on any other 9-lug action except the Ultralightweight.  That one requires a specific set of bases unique to that action.
I know this is an old post but i don't see any special bases for the 9 lug Ultralightweight action on the Talley website, only for the 6 lug ULW. I am looking for some bases at the moment for 9 lug ULW and am getting confused a bit.

Regards
Peter
IF YOU CAN"T DAZZLE WITH BRILLIANCE................BAFFLE WITH BULLSHIT!!

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 10:26:37 PM »
Give them a call Monday, I ordered the wrong height off there web site several years ago. I called to ask about returning them and getting the right height and they sent me the right ones at no charge!!! I know they have them because that's what I have on my 9 lug ULW.
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 06:33:55 PM »
If it's a nine lug there is no difference between the ULW to the Accumark.
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 10:47:24 PM »
If it's a nine lug there is no difference between the ULW to the Accumark.

8) 8)
IF YOU CAN"T DAZZLE WITH BRILLIANCE................BAFFLE WITH BULLSHIT!!