Spike Camp

Discuss the Weatherby Mark V® Lazermark

Discuss the Weatherby Mark V® Lazermark
« on: July 27, 2007, 11:22:06 AM »
This distinctive rifle features the same walnut stock as the Mark V Deluxe, with a laser-carved oak leaf pattern in lieu of point checkering. Combines modern technology and the legendary performance of the Mark V action with a look that is unique, yet fully functional for all types of hunting.

Kenn

Re: Discuss the Weatherby Mark V Lazermark
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 05:46:27 PM »
Hello,  This is Great all about Weatherby. This is my question, will the Lazermark ever be offered in standard calibers again, 30-06. Thank you... 8)

Re: Discuss the Weatherby Mark V® Lazermark
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 09:28:03 AM »
I own a left hand 7mm Lazermark.  I bought my son a USA made Lazermark in 257 Weatherby mag.  Both are very beautiful and accurate rifles.  I wish they were still made in a left hand version.
"I'd rather live by a man that owned a Weatherby rifle than shoot another brand!"

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 04:48:08 PM »
I have used a Lazermark in 30-06 since 1985. It is so accurate and beautiful ( heavily admired by everyone that sets eyes on it )  that I would like to purchase one for my son who is starting to hunt deer this fall.  I hope to find an old one like mine or to buy a new one should this caliber be reintroduced.

Bill

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 08:09:35 PM »
Mine is simply EVERYTHING I always wanted in a Weatherby!
Just take a look to the right at some appropriate pics>>>

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 02:52:57 AM »
If your interested in finding an old Lazermark in .30-06 I would suggest trying Gunbroker.com.  It's a great site and has more lots of great guns.  It's like an E-Bay for guns and has a search option on it.  Most of the guns are posted by dealers who give a thrity day inspection period.  I would love to see the Lazermark offered in .375, .378, .416, and .460. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 10:50:57 PM »
Hello All

I'm the new guy and working on a load for my Lazermark im 7mm weatherby.  I have a lease in Hampton AR and this November I'll be in the woods with all my retired Marine buddies.  I'm using Barnes 120 Gr TSX, Fed Brass, Win primers and IMR 4350 powder.  A friend gave me 3 "1" pound cans of IMR "FREE".   They have matching lot numbers and are un-opened.    I've devloped a load using the above listed componets with Hodgens 4831 but run out.  Any and all sugesstions would be greatly appreciated.

Carl.       

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 05:34:54 PM »
Had the old 300 Lazermark out on the range the other day and was shooting out of the back of the pickup.  Had the rifle in a gun vise, shooting prone in the bed and was hitting a steel gong with 3 inch groups out to 422 yards.  Was shooting 190 grain Burger VLD with Reloader 22 with 78 grains powder. I do believe that I have a very interesting rifle as Chuck Hawks would say.  I am going to keep this one.
Cheers & Tighter Groups: Eaglesnester ;)
eaglesnester

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 08:25:14 PM »
Greenz71guy,  Carl, Sorry we didn't catch this sooner, Those powder's are very close, but they are different, so you should still start back at a medium charge and work up, they do have different charge weight's, I'll give you the listed info from my Barnes book : Barnes 120gn TSX IMR 4350- 66gns @ 3237 (low) and 71gns @ 3482 (high). I have some of the 120gn TSX bullet's loaded for my 7mm Wby, only one box left but they are barn burner's! I'm using 7828 and getting A little more velocity, not much so use up that 4350, you can't beat the price and that's going to load A heck of A lot of bullet's!! have A good hunt with your buddies, be safe...Jerry
 WBY MAG MAN

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 05:16:20 PM »
My Lazermark is the older one made in Japan in .240 WBY Mag ( 26 Inch barrel) and with good handloads it shoots 1/4 groups all day long. Awesome rifle for deer, wolf, and Coyotes. It was my first Weatherby and so far has about 650 rounds through it. Secret to accuracy? Keep the barrel clean!! I use Sweets and a bronze brush from Sinclair international with about 40 strokes and run patches till they come out totally dry and white. Then I run a wet patch with Amsoil MP to keep the rust OUT! Keep the barrel cool and it will easily last 2000 rounds!  It's my favorite Rifle! REALLLLY SWEET to shoot!
Yves Desjardins