Spike Camp

Snow day here in northern Alabama

dubyam

• View Profile
Snow day here in northern Alabama
« on: February 26, 2015, 07:54:04 AM »
Thought I'd share a pic from this morning:

Of course, since I work from home, my commute up the stairs and down the hall is not iced up, and I still have to work.  My wife and kids are having a ball, though!
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

PARA45

• View Profile
Re: Snow day here in northern Alabama
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 08:01:10 AM »
LOL!!!!  Lucky you, we've been getting hammered with a lot of rain!  LOL!  Wish it was snow, so I could stayed home :D

BTW, it seems like we have the same taste in trucks, I also drive a Titan. :D
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

Chip

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 08:11:21 AM »
We call that a dusting here.  We have been dusted about 72 times now and none if it has melted. It's actisll snowing again now. Perfect lol

Marishka

• Cancelled bear hunt so I could get this
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 08:17:31 AM »
I've had it with the snow, ice, sleet and below freezing weather. The forecast for next week looks promising.
NRA Endowment
MkV 22-250
MkV 270 + 2 270 wby stainls
MkV 308
MkV 270-300 Wby
MkV Alas 375 H&H
MkV 257 Wby fluted stainls barrel
MkV 7mm Wby stainls UL
MkV 300 Wby stainls x 2
MkV 30-378 Wby
MkV 340 Wby
MkV 375 Wby x 2
MkV 378 Wby
MkV 416 Wby
1899 Ithaca Hammerless
Guarini OU
Orion OU
M1 Carbine wa

honkerhitter

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 08:51:55 AM »
I've had it with the snow, ice, sleet and below freezing weather. The forecast for next week looks promising.

Why do you think Phoenix is over run with Canadians? Lol. ^^^^^^ sums it up!
Unfortunately for me and my family the kids are too young and I'm not rich enough to head south for the winter..
Dubs--- atleast you know the snow will be gone again in a short period. I am currently expecting to be snowbound till mid April.. We woulda checked in on the Ground hog and his shadow but some Redneck popped him as soon as he popped out of the hole...
 Oh a balmy -30*C here today.. -22*F or somewhere in there. 

zonie

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 09:21:23 AM »
I was down at Crossroads of the west gunshow in Phx last weekend wearing shorts.  IHOP was full of Canadians,   I always thought our friends from up north are very polite,  and nice to be around,  very good people.     

Kevin Allen

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 09:36:51 AM »
Y'all didn't get much up there dub ours is deep here

badsection

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 10:19:37 AM »
So, now I know what "snow" looks like!  It`s almost 80 here in SOUTH Florida.   Yea, Zonie, we have our share of snow birds here, too.   ;D

Kevin Allen

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 10:23:13 AM »
Oh quit bragging ,,|,, lol

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 12:00:29 PM »
its been A weird winter for sure. seen my 1st. snow of the year when hunting in Wy on Oct. 2nd. Came back to MI. and we had snow up north for deer season in Nov. but had A green Christmas and most of Jan. But then came Feb. it has snowed and been butt cold for A month. now im talking as low as -26 at night. Looking forward to spring and turkey season.
Mark

griz247

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 01:22:23 PM »
There is more snow on the ground in Alabama than there is here in Montana. I have no snow in my yard and the sun is out. Almost 50 degrees today. Go figure.

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 01:25:25 PM »
It's snowing on us right now. We got around 8 inches the other day. But it's winter and I live in Indiana so this normal for us.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

Snow in Montana
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 02:54:21 PM »
There is more snow on the ground in Alabama than there is here in Montana. I have no snow in my yard and the sun is out. Almost 50 degrees today. Go figure.
It depends on where you are in Montana.

Two weeks ago I was golfing in Bozeman wearing shorts and a short sleeve shirt.  Right now my yard is white and the wind is howling, but the sun is out and the temperature is up to 14*F.

Now in 10 minutes it could be ??
NRA Endowment Life Member

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 09:58:28 PM »
I also have a Titan too! Is that the Pro4x?
Scott

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 06:58:20 AM »
Indeed it is a Pro4x, PAbuckhunter. I've had it three years and really love it. Glad to see you and Oscar are also in the Titan brotherhood.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie