Spike Camp

6.5 Creedmoor in Vanguard S2

Miss_Heather

6.5 Creedmoor in Vanguard S2
« on: March 26, 2015, 12:37:04 AM »
I'm interested in getting a 6.5 Creedmoor in a Vanguard. I read somewhere that it had been discontinued, but I don't really think it has been. It is still available, right? 

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor in Vanguard S2
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 07:15:47 AM »
It is still listed in the 2015 Weatherby catalog, in the Vanguard Synthetic.
Doug

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 08:03:42 AM »
It is still shown on Weatherby's main web site, Gallery of Guns, and Davidson's wholesale site but there are none in stock currently. It would be bad if the Creedmoor was dropped from the Vanguard line in my opinion.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

galamb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 12:48:11 PM »
A number of them made their way up to Canada this year - sell really quickly.

So if WE can get them, you should certainly be able to find one on your side of the boarder.

I just wish they would put it in either the Sporter or Deluxe stock - I want a "pretty" one :)
Graham
R.C.A.F (Retired)
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North EH!

Miss_Heather

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 07:46:19 PM »
Yes, I've noticed them still listed but never in stock anywhere. It was a small gun shop owner who told me that it had been discontinued. But he maybe just wanted to sell me another brand he could get. ;)

Well... we'll see if one pops up. If not, maybe move on to something else of interest.   

Betherten Park

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 06:54:48 PM »
Hello there,
Have just brought one of these for my son and to participate in local long range (dial up) competitions with the
wonderfully accurate 6.5Creedmoor cartridge,
Rifle easily shot under MOA with Hornandy 120gr Match,however it really needs rebedding  or restocking with a chassis
style stock and a trigger tune to bring out its full potential.
So far handloads have nearly all produced good results without to much experimenting.

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 08:34:27 PM »
Miss-Heather, they are available in the Vanguard Camilla for sure, my wife has one.
John

JayArizona

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 05:21:28 AM »
Hello I just bought a 6.5 creedmoor vanguard and  I put a new timney Tigger 1.5 pounds and now I have a little problem or maybe my personal opinion is there any body has problem with the action opening to close to scope or is there a specific mounts cause I have some Weaver mounts with vortex 4x12  and I m hitting my hand on scope Everytime