Spike Camp

which one PO-08 or 870 Express

Re: which one PO-08 or 870 Express
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2015, 02:56:38 PM »
I made the same choice a while back. Hope you never need customer support from Remington!  :)

jmnyckt

Re: which one PO-08 or 870 Express
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2017, 05:31:06 PM »
PA-08 Deluxe combo with slug barrel hands down. Not only are you getting a great shotgun, but for the price you are getting high quality art. What others call their "high grade" wood and bluing is standard on the PA-08. Also, I have used an 870 and it had quite a bit of rattle to it, the PA-08 is solid, parts fit better than expected. I had a shotgun from another popular brand (the one that has the buck's head that everyone has on their back window), I had their 'top shelf' pump model, it patterned 6 inches left of an 8 inch pie tin at 20 yards, a friend shot it from a bench and had the same result. The finish on the other was minimal at best, press with your nail on the stock and it would dent. Their customer service told me it was operator error, patterned my PA-08 at 20 yards, same choke and ammo, put the wad through the pie tin about an inch high of center. Popularity and brand recognition doesn't make up for poor quality and even worse customer service. Read some of these threads, you'll be looking hard to find a negative comment on Weatherby customer service. Many people use "what dad and grand dad used to use", if that were true I'd be using guns bought at ***-Mart or *-Mart or one of my buddies guns because he needed beer money. Everyone has their choice, I'd never tell you NOT to get something, just providing personal opinion and experience with the shotgun in question