Spike Camp

MK XXII ejection

John

• View Profile
MK XXII ejection
« on: August 04, 2008, 06:38:01 PM »
I mounted a scope on my new XXII and while out sighitng in I noticed that the ejecting casse hits the scope and comes back down onto the magazine.  Thus causing me to stop and clear a jam with the empty.  Anyone else experience this?
ALMOST DANGEROUS

nd wbynut

Re: MK XXII ejection
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 07:56:31 AM »
Talk to avagadro if he is still on the sight.  he was having problems a couple of months ago.  I think he sent his in but I am not sure what came about it.  I know I have had a couple issues with ejection but it is not consistant.  More aggravating then anything.  The darn rifle sure does shoot though!

TRECustom

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 04:36:11 PM »
A couple of maybe's. The new Mk XXII has an Anschutz action with a one piece  circular collar/spring  with integral extractor hooks on each side. The left one may be holding a little too hard and causing the right side extractor to release first. The other thing that comes to mind is if your scope has target knobs and/or is mounted very low, The ejected hull may be hitting the windage knob or knob cover.

I would take the scope off and check ejection. If it ejects cleanly, watch the trajectory of the ejected cases to see if you can determine what they might be hitting. You might be able to shift the scope forward or backward enough to stop the hull from hitting a knob.  If it pops straight up and/or falls back into the rifle, call Weatherby before you do anything else.

Good luck,  Tom

John

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 03:40:23 PM »
Thanks, TREcustom looking into it now. Good info.
ALMOST DANGEROUS