Spike Camp

Pictures of your "Bees"

Re: Pictures of your "Bees"
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2017, 05:51:46 PM »
+2 Dan
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2017, 07:28:03 PM »
Just got my .257 Bee back from my gunsmith. Had a new barrel put on and the stock refurbished. Plus 24 carrat gold inlayed into the the engraving. He is still to do a custom engraved floorplate to finish her off.

Very nice!!  I have always liked the gold inlay it is a very nice touch.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2017, 05:52:42 AM »
Very nice Bret, just can't beat the fancy wood figure of the Triple A Carlo on the older time honored Weatherby rifles. Did your gunsmith do all the refurbish work, or was the stock done by someone else?
DosEquisShooter

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2017, 02:49:18 PM »
Thanks guys Meguiars ultimate polish helped jazz them up

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2017, 05:58:40 PM »
Very nice Bret, just can't beat the fancy wood figure of the Triple A Carlo on the older time honored Weatherby rifles. Did your gunsmith do all the refurbish work, or was the stock done by someone else?

Thanks Danno. Yep I sure do love that rifle. My gunsmith done all the work except for that dark gloss bluing. He had another gunsmith mate of his do that. My Smith also done the stock work too. He is currently doing engraving some custom floorplates to go on this rifle and one for my .460 Wby.
Aussie gun nut.

Michiganhunter

• Honor is the gift you give to yourself
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2017, 06:23:02 PM »
I just looked at all these amazing pics of weatherby rifles.
I know rifles are"tools" to accomplish a task. How can tools emit emotions from someone? These are individually unique works of art. Thanks for sharing.
If you are arguing with an idiot and someone passes by, they don't know who's the idiot.

Smiller77

« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2017, 08:11:11 PM »
Pair of 224 varmintmasters one German one Japan and a mark 22 trying to get some of the spotlight.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2017, 06:34:03 PM »
I'm as usual very late to this dance.  BB, your 257 is gorgeous!!!!   Oh and BTW, you owe me a new key board since this one is ruined from all my drooling....LMAO!!!!!
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2017, 11:32:04 PM »
I'm as usual very late to this dance.  BB, your 257 is gorgeous!!!!   Oh and BTW, you owe me a new key board since this one is ruined from all my drooling....LMAO!!!!!

Haha no worries brother, I will bring you one over when I head to the States for a hunt on my to do list.
Aussie gun nut.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2017, 05:57:46 PM »

Haha no worries brother, I will bring you one over when I head to the States for a hunt on my to do list.

Sh*t hot!!!!!  When and where are you thinking of going?   I wish I could say that GA has some great hunting, but about all we can offer are quail, turkey & white tail deer, and depending on the zone these guys could get quite big.   Oh, and we also have plenty of hogs. LOL!!!!!
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2017, 02:33:36 PM »
Oh it won't be for quite a few more years yet sorry Oscar. I have a hunting "to do" list that I am slowly working my way thru.
I am wanting to go to Texas for a Markhor. These awesome looking critters are native to Pakistan and live up high in the Himalayan Mountains. Hence not very wheelchair accessible lol  ;D
But there are a few places in Texas that have them free range in more accessible country. They are not as big as the normal ones in the Himalayas but still plenty good enough for me.
They are one of my dream exotic animals that I must have for the wall.     
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2017, 05:56:56 PM »
Here are my WW's Working WeatherBee's...  Accumark 30-378 topped with a Leupold 4x14x50 Mk4 this mulie was taken at a lasered 419yds. This rifle shoots .3's @ 200 yards with handloaded 180gr. Barnes TTX & Reloader 25

The other is probably my favorite rifle it is a Super Varmint Master in .243 win topped with a Zeiss 6.5x20x50 and an absolute tack driver. This group is .285 shooting factory, yes factory HSM 75gr. Vmax. The SVM is one of the finest out of the box bolt action factory rifles ever built as far as I am concerned... LOVE me Bee's
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 07, 2017, 06:19:30 PM »
The picture of the Bobcat, looks like if he was posing for a picture.  Good looking rifle.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 07, 2017, 06:37:29 PM »
Great pics jeepcj5! Where abouts (if you don't mind saying on general) were you when you took that mulie?
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2017, 02:27:51 PM »
Thanks much DW5! This mulie is actually a sub species of the Rocky Mtn. Mule Deer. California Mule Deer, slightly smaller than their RMM cousins but still just as crafty  ;)

This buck was taken in the Inyo Mountain range in south eastern California at around 10,000 ft elevation. California zone
X9C..

Para45, Much appreciated, this one is a real tack driver... Gotta love Weatherby!!!
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson