Spike Camp

Pictures of your "Bees"

Jameson

Re: Pictures of your "Bees"
« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2017, 09:22:56 AM »
Thanks much DW5! This mulie is actually a sub species of the Rocky Mtn. Mule Deer. California Mule Deer, slightly smaller than their RMM cousins but still just as crafty  ;)

This buck was taken in the Inyo Mountain range in south eastern California at around 10,000 ft elevation. California zone
X9C..

Para45, Much appreciated, this one is a real tack driver... Gotta love Weatherby!!!
I used to hunt the X-9 zone just north of Hwy 58, and I know just how hard it is to get a buck like yours. Congratulations!
JP

« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2017, 10:43:36 AM »
Thanks J.P.

That is some VERY rough country, we hunted it for about 15 years then a series of earthquakes shut down some of the springs. That, coupled with the SEVERE mountain lion predation just about wiped out most of the deer there. VERY sad California is so completely upside down on their game management.

We have hunted deer up to 11,800 feet there and have taken some pretty nice bucks... The photo with the youngster is my oldest boy and his first deer, talk about beginners luck! We had three bucks move up out of a BIG deep canyon and I had him shoot the biggest one of the bunch. VERY proud of that (at the time) 12 year old, 154 yards off hand dropped it in the middle of the two track, I was able to take the Jeep right up to it…

The next photo is another of that one I posted earlier 419 yds. The next buck is the largest we have seen in that country a nice 4x5 I took at about 175 yds. We try and camp down around the 8500 ft. level that way we have trees to hang the deer. The photo of the Jeep with the deer hanging off the rear winch cable is a year we weren’t able to camp lower so I had to do a little redneck engineering, haha!! No trees above timberline…
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2017, 06:29:28 PM »
Your son's smile is priceless, well done!
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2017, 07:32:22 PM »
Nice bucks, especially  congratulations to your son. He definitely set the bar high for himself!!
Doug

Jameson

« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2017, 08:35:16 AM »
Some dandy bucks there, Jeep, not to mention a very happy little boy. Congratulations. California's mountain lion problem is what happens when a state allows popular referendum to dictate Fish and Game policy. Twenty-five years ago I had a local Fish and Game officer tell me never to take my dogs hiking in the mountains without a handgun, and nothing has gotten better since then. After the hunting ban was enacted, a carefully re-introduced herd of desert big horn down in the Chocolate Mountains (if memory serves) was wiped out by the big cats, and that herd had been re-introduced there with your tax dollars and mine.
JP   

« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2017, 11:26:48 AM »
Thanks fella's,

Yup I don’t think I’ve ever seen a happier young man, even on Christmas morning… That boy was beaming for months and now, the man proudly has that buck hanging in his living room…

Jameson,
You’re preaching to the choir buddy, these are some of the reasons I am seeking employment in Idaho. I’ve lived in California for most my life (turning 55 tomorrow) and it is sad to see what has become of my state. As much as I try to be active politically speaking people with my thought process are so outnumbered it is hopeless.

The outlandish laws and the constant attack on our 2A are just too much!!! The way this state is going our beloved Bee’s will soon have restrictions…
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2017, 03:27:45 PM »
Those are awesome pics! Some hunting pictures simply capture what the camera is pointed at the time and some capture proud and happy memories. Yours definitely seem to be the latter. Congratulations!
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2017, 03:39:38 PM »
Thanks much DW5... Proud happy times indeed!!!

Thomas Jefferson

« Reply #128 on: July 14, 2017, 01:25:00 PM »
Here's mine mark v ultra lightwieght 300weatherby 3.5x - 10x leupold and my new vanguard weatherguard in 25-06 with a burris veracity 2x-10x

« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2017, 01:30:59 PM »
Apparently not doing this right

« Reply #130 on: July 14, 2017, 01:58:26 PM »
Nice rifles Hoytman63!
What type of groups are you getting from the Vanguard 26.06???

Thomas Jefferson

« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2017, 05:54:35 PM »
Just got it , so as soon as i get out and shoot it I'll let you know

Rob41256

• Living the Weatherby life in Saskatchewan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2018, 04:17:43 PM »
My Vanguard True North in 300 Wby.  Great shooter!  These were a special run here in Canada in 300 Win Mag, 30-06, 270 Win and 243 Win through the now out of business Wholesale Sports.  What caught my attention is the Weatherby actually produced these in a 300 Wby Mag but never brought them into Canada.  That meant I needed one!

The barrel and action are Cerakoted inburnt bronze and the stock is the VG Sporter style. 24 inch barrel.  I had the Weatherby Accubrake installed from the factory. So far this rifle is shooting great with many sub-MOA results with a variety of ammo both factory and reloads.

Happy shooting everyone.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 07:10:52 AM by Rob41256 »