Spike Camp

LXX TRIGGER UPGRADE

LXX TRIGGER UPGRADE
« on: December 29, 2015, 10:27:56 AM »
When will the new LXX trigger become available for those of us with older Accumark rifles to upgrade? Price? Thanks.

Parke

Re: LXX TRIGGER UPGRADE
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 07:27:41 PM »
When will the new LXX trigger become available for those of us with older Accumark rifles to upgrade? Price? Thanks.

I would be interested too! 8)
Accumark  .308 Win
SVM          .308 Win
Ultramark  .257 Wby

84Fibermark

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 01:39:13 PM »
I have a whole safe of Mark V's ready for the upgrade as well!  :P

84Fibermark

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 09:19:19 AM »
Anyone have any news on the availability of these? If not, I wonder how the Timney trigger compares to the LXX? I don't mind a heavy trigger, it's the creep I hate!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 05:52:23 PM by 84Fibermark »

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 09:23:58 AM »
No creep in my new LXX trigger, I wouldn't think of replacing it. Love it!!!
Doug

84Fibermark

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 05:54:36 PM »
I'd love to have one, but it doesn't appear Weatherby is in a hurry to sell them as aftermarket accessory.  :(

Tex68w

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 12:01:56 AM »
The new LXX trigger is an improvement over the older version in terms of creep and break but it's not a night and day difference. I'm still not sure how I feel about the new trigger shoe either, perhaps it's just something I'd have to grow accustom to over time. I have no experience with the Timney trigger so I can't compare it to that.

WBY-RLM

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 03:59:49 PM »
We do currently offer the LXX trigger for older rifles through the custom shop. Pricing can vary depending on the Mark V involved. You can get confirmed pricing by contacting the custom shop directly. Please have your serial number available so that they can give you an accurate estimate and timeline. You can reach them at 1(800)227-2016, Monday through Thursday, from 6:30am to 5:00pm PST. As always, you can also pose questions to me over the phone at that number, just ask for Rusty. Have a good one!

84Fibermark

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 08:02:12 PM »
Thanks Rusty. I'll be giving them a call in the morning!  :)

Gary

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 08:44:04 AM »
I have the Timney on MKV and a Vanguard.  They are extremely precision compared to the factory triggers.  Since I live 20 minutes away, I call them in the AM, give the pull weight and pick it up in the late afternoon.  Very good customer support and they are easy to install.  If I ask for 2# pull it is 2# exactly.  Price is about double what a good smith charges for a trigger job.
Scott Arizona

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 11:07:57 AM »
Just had the LXX trigger upgraded on my Accumark 300 wea mag rifle and set at 2.5#. Cost was $155 for LXX trigger and $37.50 Weatherby gunsmith shop time. Install by Weatherby takes 30 minutes. I dropped rifle at Weatherby in the morning at Weatherby Paso Robles after setting up a work order with Christine in customer service. Carol Samona made the process effortlessly when we arrived. My wife, Sherry, came along and Carol answered all her questions for sites to visit in the area and recommended a restaurant in Morro Bay along the coast to have breakfast and sightsee. My wife said she enjoyed the day sightseeing and was glad that she came along to visit Weatherby. Carol called my cell phone when the rifle was ready and said to be back there before 5 pm to pick up the rifle and enjoy our day in sunny California. Carol made my wife and I feel special like we were family taking the time to show us the rifles, taking pictures in the showroom with the lion and recommending attractions in the area. We visited Morro Bay, elephant seals in San Simeon, and Hearst Castle. Thank you Carol for a remarkable and cherished experience.
Steve and Sherry Zagrodnik

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 12:01:57 PM »
Wouldn't it be great if all businesses treated their customers like Weatherby does!!! They build quality firearms and treat their customers with respect, a person can't ask for more then that!!!  ;D :D ;) :)
Doug

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 12:10:11 PM »
Excellent. Thanks for follow up report.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

klong67

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2018, 10:55:45 PM »
Great service from a great company.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2018, 07:08:50 AM »
I'm glad he's satisfied with the trigger and the service, but going with the Timney, set at 2.5# at the factory could have saved almost $100 bucks for the same end result. I would have kept the old trigger in case I needed warranty work.
DosEquisShooter