Spike Camp

Vanguard Camilla

Vanguard Camilla
« on: February 06, 2016, 07:24:22 PM »
Anyone know when the specs on this rifle will be released, length of pull and such?  I've also been trying to find the stock number so I can check some pricing on it.  I've had a couple ladies ask me about it and seem to be quite interested in a rifle built for them that isn't pink or a youth model.  Any help would be great guys, thanks.

BB340

• View Profile
Re: Vanguard Camilla
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 09:04:27 PM »
I have never heard about one called a Camilla..
Aussie gun nut.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 09:10:41 PM »
Search posts from Jameson.I think he might have posted about it.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 12:09:28 AM »
I asked Adam about it and he said it will come out some time in April.
The Weatherby 6.5 RPM...............what the 264 Win Mag wishes it was !

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 12:09:45 PM »
I have never heard about one called a Camilla..

The vanguard Camilla is a rifle designed by the women of Weatherby for women,
I believe it's named after (respectfully) Mrs.Weatherby, Roys wife.
They have posted a few pictures on facebook,

« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 12:30:12 PM by WeatherbyFan 65 »

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 06:23:01 PM »
Thanks for the info Weatherbyfan. I don't do facebook so didn't see it and somehow I must of missed Jamesons post.
It looks like a nice rifle, I wouldn't mind one for myself by looks of them..
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 09:37:50 PM »
It is indeed a mid-year introduction and we are quite excited about this product.  We plan to start shipping them this spring.  I believe the specs should be out soon.  Keep checking weatherby.com.  We had them on display at SHOT show for a soft launch but the official release will be soon. 

And yes, our first product introduction designed specifically for women is named after my grandmother, Camilla. 

Adam

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 10:31:07 PM »
Thanks for the update Adam. Good to see Weatherby bringing out more rifles that I just HAVE to add to my list of Weatherby rifles lol
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 11:31:13 PM »
Thanks again for the update Adam

My girlfriend is going to take the C.O.R.E. Course so she can obtain her hunting licence, this rifle will be ideal for her, looking forward to the release of the Camilla.

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 04:29:16 AM »
I showed these pics to my wife (not a hunter......yet) and said we need to look into you one of these. She said that looks nice, but I would rather have hard wood floors than a hard wood rifle. Some women just don't get it haha.
Will work for Weatherby

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2016, 06:05:59 AM »
A quick Web search tells me the Camilla will have a shorter LOP (13") and a 20" barrel. Am I correct in assuming the barrel is a #1 contour?
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 06:49:51 AM »
Wow. 5/8ths of an inch isn't that much of a reduction in LOP.I thought it would be 12-1/2 inch at the most.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 02:13:49 PM »
That is one good looking rifle.  I like the lines.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2016, 05:38:12 PM »
Adam: I didn't realize the rifle was named after your Grandmother. Now that is cool.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

Jameson

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2016, 09:05:12 AM »
I will be getting one for review purposes later this month (I believe/hope) and I'll let you know what happens. This year's homecoming queen in our little town is a serious deer hunter, and I've asked her to shoot it with me to get a lady's perspective, so I should have a pretty good idea of how it fits and suits a young (and tiny: 5'2") lady.
JP