Spike Camp

new Weatherby Deluxe padded sling

badsection

Re: new Weatherby Deluxe padded sling
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 06:09:36 PM »
I'd like the idea.  However, I'll probably have Derrill make one for me. :)
  +1 !  :-) Purple fox does outstanding work!

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 06:21:23 PM »
I'd like the idea.  However, I'll probably have Derrill make one for me. :)
  +1 !  :-) Purple fox does outstanding work!
Not that I have personally bought anything from him but there has been some impressive pictures of his work on here.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 07:35:08 PM »
Derrill does good work.I have cartridge holders,slings,and a leather rifle case he made for me.He ain't no slouch at working an S1 trigger into a great one either.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

wby4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 08:12:44 PM »
Well lets hear what everyone's price threshold level would be on this padded sling.

I am thinking 70.00 to 80.00 should produce a suitable for weatherby padded sling and maybe around the 120.00 mark for a Deluxe model. These price points should add up to a lot of sales.

hunter dude

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2016, 08:39:45 PM »
That sounds like a good price to me for the slings I would pay 30-40 dollars for a good knife and about 20 for the hats I just wish they had more choices for the hats

mikhail2400

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 09:19:50 PM »
Id think Weatherby could easily produce a comfortable and durable line of slings starting from around $30 and going up to what the market will bear. Id think a highly detailed sling bearing the Weatherby name and an outdoor scene in tooled padded leather or some other durable material would be able to sell in the $200 range easily. Unfortunately id have to stay in the $30-60 buck range haha!! Teenagers aint cheap!!

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2016, 09:31:20 PM »
I posted the link to the slings earlier but I must also say + 1 to having Derrill, aka Purplefox, make you one if you are looking for a classic leather sling. I have one of his slings on my Lazerguard that he engraved a deer on, sharp looking set up. I also have one of his rifle cases and ammo holders. All first rate work.
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2016, 09:57:16 PM »
Id think Weatherby could easily produce a comfortable and durable line of slings starting from around $30 and going up to what the market will bear. Id think a highly detailed sling bearing the Weatherby name and an outdoor scene in tooled padded leather or some other durable material would be able to sell in the $200 range easily. Unfortunately id have to stay in the $30-60 buck range haha!! Teenagers aint cheap!!

Id happily pay $200 US (even with the low Aussie $) for a top quality sling. I don't use them but a small collection of different styles and pictures on them would look great just hanging in the gun room or bar area...
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2016, 11:33:32 AM »
Thanks for the compliments on the things I make. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately once I finish the gun case I am trying to complete that will likely be the last Leather work I do. My bad health is making it hard to do it anymore.  Slings and ammo carriers i will probably always make.   
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill

mikhail2400

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2016, 11:55:57 AM »
Purplefox, sorry to hear about your health problems. Is there a link so I could view the slings and ammo carriers you make?

badsection

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2016, 01:41:49 PM »
Sorry to hear about your health, Purple Fox!  The gun case you made for me always draws rave reviews at my gun range!  :-)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 02:05:45 PM by badsection »

hunter dude

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2016, 01:46:40 PM »
+1 I would love to see some stuff also

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2016, 02:06:07 PM »
Hey Mikhail and Hunter Dude... I believe I posted some pics a few months back of the the items I received from Darrill... I'll see if I can find the post and bump it for you guys. I know others have also posted stuff as well, but they would have to point you to those particular posts.
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

hunter dude

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2016, 02:23:48 PM »
Thanks DW sounds good

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2016, 08:16:47 PM »
I'm also sorry to hear about your health issues Derrill, as your gun cases, slings and ammo carriers are all worthy of praise, and I'm sure they bring you a lot of personal satisfaction.( I've seen your fine work displayed by others )
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 05:56:01 AM by danno50 »
DosEquisShooter