Spike Camp

Prayers needed!!! Surgery Update-good news!!!

Re: Prayers needed!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2016, 05:57:43 PM »
Sorry to here about your wife's health problems. My prayers are with her for a full recover and your friend also.
TD

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2016, 07:33:42 PM »
Hey Doug - Still praying for your wife and your friend (and you).  How are they doing?

- Rich

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2016, 09:20:28 PM »
She starts duo dose chemo next Friday. Because they found some cancer cells in the fluid around her lungs they feel there is a better chance of remission with this treatment. Since she is considered stage 4, no surgery until 18 weeks of chemo is done. They said the goal is to keep it in remission as long as possible, a cure is highly unlikely.
My buddy is being moved to an acute care facility Monday, he still is not talking or eating and can only walk 20 feet or so. This care facility specializes in recovery from this kind of brain damage.

Rich I really appreciate your concern and prayers during these tough times. Thanks, Doug
Doug

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2016, 05:26:40 AM »
Continued prayers especially for your wife, family, and your good friend. Prayers change things, to include our own lives.
DosEquisShooter

mpchase1874

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2016, 12:06:14 PM »
In my prayers for sure !!!
May our Lord & Saviour hear the pleas of all your friends
and loved ones . MPC

hunter dude

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2016, 12:25:30 PM »
everyone is still in my thoughts and prayers

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2016, 03:31:54 PM »
Continuing to pray you y'all, God Bless.
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2016, 11:12:10 PM »
Doug, Diane and I continue to pray for your family and friends. May the Lord give you, your family, and friends the ultimate faith, trust, and peace in knowing we have a loving God. A Lord that loved us so much that He gave us a His only Son to die for all our sins so we may be forgiven.
Duane

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2016, 11:24:25 PM »
One tonight, one tomorrow in his house.

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2016, 08:38:37 PM »
Doug - Added your wife and friend to our prayer list at church today.  Praying for a miracle for both of them, and praying for peace and strength for you.

mikhail2400

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2016, 07:22:31 AM »
Continuing to pray for your wife and your friend. In these troubled times faith can be hard on a person. Keep your head up and know there are many others with you and your family in their thoughts and prayers.

Jameson

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2016, 07:59:06 AM »
Thoughts and prayers and best wishes for your wife and for you. Take care of yourself; she will need you during her recovery.
JP

Re: Prayers needed!!!--- UPDATE
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2016, 10:31:51 AM »
Thanks for the prayers!!! At this moment my wife is getting her third chemotherapy treatment, only 15 more to go. We have seen some small improvements in her health, especially in the amount of fluid I have to drain from her lung cavity. In 2 weeks we meet with the Oncologist to see how the cancer has reacted to the treatments.

JP taking care of her has been a 24/7 job since June 2nd which I have gladly done. We are hoping to get up to the cabin we rent for the season at a resort by Alexandria Minnesota next week. We have about 30 friends staying that week at the resort, luckily I caught enough fish for the group fish fry back in May. Some of our friends said I should plan on fishing while they take care of my wife, so hopefully I can relax a little.

Please keep the fallen LEO's and their family's from Dallas in your prayers too. The world keeps getting crazier every day.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 08:07:46 PM by blackbear3 »
Doug

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2016, 08:31:10 PM »
I would like to thank all of you for your kind PMs and prayers, it's been tough watching my wife go thru 18 weeks of chemotherapy and the different adverse reactions to it. Her original blood test showed a marker of 1577 on June 2nd, last Friday it was down to 39.4!!! Unfortunately they can't remove the tumors at this time because she has developed an infection in her lung cavity along with air pockets and fibroids that are collapsing her lung. So lung surgery to remove the infection, drain and other growths are in the near future. After what she's gone thru, I now understand why people stop treatment.

My best friend continues to recover from being in cardiac arrest for 30 minutes, his mind keeps improving and he has asked me to take him bow hunting next year!!! My son and I should get drawn for 2nd rifle cow tags in Colorado next year, and we hope to bring him with on that trip. Again thanks for all the prayers and even though I've never meet any of you I would like to consider you friends.  Doug
Doug

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2016, 08:39:29 PM »
Thank you for the update, I am glad to hear there is positive momentum coming y'alls way, continued prayers for you and your's my friend!
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....