Spike Camp

Hog Pictures

BB340

• View Profile
Re: Hog Pictures
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2016, 11:33:12 AM »
Thanks for the compliments guys. Yep he sure was a good pig. He was as old as the hills too. I just loved the look of him so that's why I had to get a full body mount.
DW5 I sure wouldn't say no if they wanted to use that photo in a catalog lol. And yes your right I would praise the MKV Lazermark extremely high. It is probably my favourite rifle. Chambered in .340 WBY I used it on this hunt to take a few critters. Combined with the 225 grain Barnes TSX it flattened everything with authority.

Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2016, 03:39:26 PM »
Damn BB. That is a monster. Congrats.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2016, 01:37:50 PM »
Got this one last weekend. 270 WSM Vanguard. 140 grain Accubond dropped him in his tracks. 130 yards.
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2016, 02:11:13 PM »
Nice shooting, DW! Saved all the meat too! Looks like good eatin' to me.
"The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence."

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2016, 02:14:05 PM »
That kind of shooting will put them down every time. Congrats
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2016, 10:30:04 AM »
Thanksgiving slaughter, we got 12 boars and one sow that night. Not taken with the Mark V, used my AAC MPW 300BLK 9" SBR with AAC SDN-6 can and few were taken with the Glock G40 MOS 10mm with a Trijicon RMR on top. We usually run them down in the Rangers and RZR's so having a semi is a lot better than the bolt gun. Half the time we hunt them with dogs and knives, way more of an adrenaline rush.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 10:36:09 AM by Tex68w »

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2016, 10:49:12 AM »
Tex, looks like I need to earn some points and get an invite out with yall! Nice shooting. Where abouts in Texas was that?
"The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence."

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2016, 12:20:02 PM »
Tex, looks like I need to earn some points and get an invite out with yall! Nice shooting. Where abouts in Texas was that?

This is my brother in laws place in Calhoun County near Port Lavaca. We have people out from time to time, I've been getting some former Mil buddies out this year and I wouldn't mind taking out a few Wounded Warriors as wel.

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2017, 09:03:47 AM »
I went on a hunt this weekend with West Texas Hunt Org. just south of Van Horn. We had a great time. Lee, or guide (semi-guided hunt) was great; he was entertaining to talk to, took care of the camp and feeders and let us know where the pigs had been spotted lately.

On the evening of the first (official) day of the hunt, I shot this boar with my Ruger M77 in 270. I use handloaded 130 gr Nosler Partitions in that rifle. The shot was about 100 yds and he was quartering away slightly. The bullet entered just behind the shoulder, breaking 2 ribs as it entered. It clipped 1 lung and severed the main thoracic artery near the spine before proceeding through the backside shoulder and coming to rest just under the skin. I watched the pig dropped immediately through my scope. He ened up weight just about 230 lbs.

If anyone is in West Texas and looking for a guided or semi-guided pig hunt, these guys are top class and have a VERY healthy pig population. I highly recommend them.

blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2017, 09:15:09 AM »
Nice looking Hog!!  I just watched a Meat Eater episode on hog hunting and trapping in Texas, definitely something I want to try.
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2017, 09:56:25 AM »
Congratulations on taking a 200+ lb hog. The whitish gray color behind his head is really cool looking and it almost looks like its fluffed up and not course? The 270 win was a great choice in caliber for the hunt.
DosEquisShooter