Spike Camp

6.5-300 Range Day

Re: 6.5-300 Range Day
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2017, 08:18:00 AM »
Great to hear they have taken care of you, hope the new rifle arrives soon. Did they give you any idea of what the problem was with your original rifle?
Doug

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2017, 10:44:43 PM »
Great to hear they have taken care of you, hope the new rifle arrives soon. Did they give you any idea of what the problem was with your original rifle?

No not yet and I doubt they will, I'm assuming a bad barrel as not a lot else to affect accuracy like that as we eliminated any other possibilities.
Either way Weatherby has been nothing short of first class to deal with.
The Weatherby 6.5 RPM...............what the 264 Win Mag wishes it was !

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2017, 04:47:24 PM »
Ok I thought I would pass along an update on my 6.5-300 Outfitter RC

Weatherby's Service rep has called and informed me that they're building me a new rifle and it will be shipped out the end of February all going well,

I guess with having to export the rifle back from British Columbia the time frame just made more sense to build a new one and ship it out,
 they probably wouldn't even receive my rifle back from the Warranty Depot in BC by the end of February !

Very good of Weatherby to call a few times and keep me updated of the progress of my situation.

WF
Great update. February is right around the corner and I'll bet your new Outfitter will shoot lights out.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2018, 09:20:34 AM »
Hello WF65. I am new to this group, hunted my entire life, currently own multiple different rifles and brands, custom builds as well. I know this topic hasn't been talked about in a long time but I was doing some searching online about the same issues with the 6.5mm and found this discussion board. I have a 6.5-300 in a Mark V Ultra light in the Canadian Northmark Edition. I have read your posts about dealing with Weatherby warranty and having to return your gun to them. Did you ever receive your new rifle and how does it shoot now? My gun is all over the map, 2 different scopes, multiple shooters, gun vises, weatherby factory ammo only ( $700 worth burnt up ) and this gun will not group at all. My local hunting store is a small one and they have not sold many of these rifles, mine was the first. But I have called around to some of the bigger dealers and they have expressed some concerns over this particular rifle and told me that they have returned these guns to Weatherby. Basically I am just looking for some assistance in what to do next. I think the gun will be an amazing once I can figure out what the problem is. If possible let me know how you made out, also if anyone else has had any luck with one of these guns and what to do. I will contact the warranty guys as well to discuss options. Thanks for the help.

badsection

« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2018, 09:29:52 AM »
Welcome to the nation!  I'd give Weatherby a call on Monday.  :)

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2018, 06:22:43 AM »
When reloading Swift SiroccoII in my 338Win I found they like a lot of jump to the lands at least .100" of jump.
Seating depth for these can make a big difference in accuracy.
TD

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2018, 10:21:35 AM »
WF65

I purchased a V2 in 6.5 CM this last spring.  Not an RC.  I followed the break in procedure as offered by Weatherby and still I was shooting 3"~4" groups with everything but the 143 ELD and the 120GMX.  With the 143 and 120 I was shooting 2"~3" groups.  I re-torqued everything, swapped scopes with no change.  I finally sent it back to Weatherby.  They returned it with the attached Oehler printout.  (They didn't say how many tries it took them to get sub MOA.)  They did say that the problem was carbon and copper fouling and recommended I buy/use CR-10.  I did.
I can only surmise that I happen to have a pretty rough barrel.  (I've been cleaning barrels for some 55 years with no previous problem.)  Anyway, some 200 rounds later and with frequent judicious cleaning, maybe things are smoothing out.

Just relaying my experience.  Stay with it.

Grouser

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2018, 11:30:24 AM »
Thanks for the info. I have called Weatherby 3 days in row and have left messages each day. Still waiting for a response back. Hopefully soon. The previous warranty rep that was mentioned in this thread no longer works at the company.

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2018, 07:01:54 AM »
I'm no expert but here's what got my A-Bolt 7mm mag to shoot sub MOA groups, a Limb Saver barrel de-resonator. The A-Bolt has a 26" barrel and was shooting 2" groups no matter what ammo was used. I watched the video on You Tube and decided I'd give it a try. Boy was I glad I did, this rifle now shoots 3/4" groups. The longer the barrel is the more you need something to tame the barrel vibrations. I'm not saying this will work on your rifles but I know it greatly improved the grouping on my 7 mag. Worth a try.
I love the smell of deer guts in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY!

« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2018, 12:13:52 AM »
Hello WF65. I am new to this group, hunted my entire life, currently own multiple different rifles and brands, custom builds as well. I know this topic hasn't been talked about in a long time but I was doing some searching online about the same issues with the 6.5mm and found this discussion board. I have a 6.5-300 in a Mark V Ultra light in the Canadian Northmark Edition. I have read your posts about dealing with Weatherby warranty and having to return your gun to them. Did you ever receive your new rifle and how does it shoot now? My gun is all over the map, 2 different scopes, multiple shooters, gun vises, weatherby factory ammo only ( $700 worth burnt up ) and this gun will not group at all. My local hunting store is a small one and they have not sold many of these rifles, mine was the first. But I have called around to some of the bigger dealers and they have expressed some concerns over this particular rifle and told me that they have returned these guns to Weatherby. Basically I am just looking for some assistance in what to do next. I think the gun will be an amazing once I can figure out what the problem is. If possible let me know how you made out, also if anyone else has had any luck with one of these guns and what to do. I will contact the warranty guys as well to discuss options. Thanks for the help.

Hi there,

sorry for the late response as I've been busy at work and haven't been online here in a while, welcome to Weatherby Nation, my gun was sent back to Weatherby for repairs and was promised to be shipped out the end of February 2017, end of March rolls around and not a word from anyone so I called the rep I was dealing with one morning she said she will check on it and get back to me by days end,

that night I get an email from her saying it was going to be 3 more months before they could ship it and she say she's leaving on holidays and will contact me when she's back.

3 more months ? April May and June then shipping back to Canada is 4-6 weeks nearing the end of August is what I was looking at and no guarantees at that, remember I ordered this rifle on Oct 2nd/2015 so it was going to be pushing 2 years by the time I got the rifle back ?

I emailed Adam and asked for my money back and he was great and apologized for the situation and refunded my money through the store where I purchased the rifle, he didn't make excuses or play the blame game just asked to give them a chance to be better going forward.

The part that is frustrating with the whole situation is the amount of money invested in loaded factory ammunition, factory brass, dies and all the trips to the range, fuel, time, I also paid to ship the rifle back to the warranty dept up where I live.

I would email Adam himself as he's really good about getting back to you.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 12:18:22 AM by WeatherbyFan 65 »
The Weatherby 6.5 RPM...............what the 264 Win Mag wishes it was !

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2018, 06:42:54 PM »
Grouser, another product you may want to consider is Boretech Copper remover.  It is great stuff, and a lot of us here use it to clean our Weatherbys. 

I wonder if the move has put a dent on the quality of Weatherby, and this is why we are seeing the delay in service, and customer service?  I hope I'm just speculating here, and it doesn't turn out to be a real issue later on.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2018, 08:14:23 PM »
Grouser, another product you may want to consider is Boretech Copper remover.  It is great stuff, and a lot of us here use it to clean our Weatherbys. 

I wonder if the move has put a dent on the quality of Weatherby, and this is why we are seeing the delay in service, and customer service?  I hope I'm just speculating here, and it doesn't turn out to be a real issue later on.

I would  imagine the work load for everyone during this move has increased.
We are in a world that wants an  Instant  answer and  results no excuses. It wasn't that long ago that you put a stamp on it and they would get it in 3 to 5 days!
I remember my dad telling me when he went to buy a rifle right after the war he wanted a savage in 250-3000. The gun shop had "1" rifle, a savage in 300 savage. I have that rifle now
My point is, we have it very good these days. Weatherby has be a great company and they produce great rifles and more than likely will for a long time with Adam in charge. Relax and give them a chance

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2018, 10:51:25 AM »
Thanks for the response WF65. After almost a month of trying / waiting I still had no response from Weatherby. My local dealer was able to get me the contact info for the Canadian rep for them. I have been in contact with him about my rifle, he knew exactly what I was talking about regarding this rifle. I have now shipped the gun back to the warranty center In Ontario for them to look at. I expressed the same concerns as yourself - wasted time, money, frustration with a brand new gun. Missing 2 hunting seasons with this rifle looks pretty clear. I would gladly take a full refund for this gun and ammo, all expenses, or trade for another caliber. Not giving up on WB since I have other rifles of theirs but just not very confident in this new caliber. I have heard more bad news than good about this 6.5-300 so far, very disappointed. I will hope that they will prove me wrong and make this right. The waiting game begins. I have read lot's of good posts on this site regarding the way Weatherby looks after it's customers.

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2018, 10:54:45 AM »
I should of asked - would someone have Adam's contact information / email to pass along.
Thanks.