Spike Camp

Allen action screws

Gary

Allen action screws
« on: October 12, 2016, 02:38:03 PM »
Where're can I find Allen head screws for a Mark V action to replace the original slotted screws.  I know they are 1/4 - 28 thread.
Thanks.
Scott Arizona

Re: Allen action screws
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 04:13:50 PM »
Brownell sells action screws, I don't know if they have them for Weatherby's. Midway has an even larger variety,  Good luck. Let us know if you have any luck. Have you tried calling Weatherby? If they don't stock them they might have better idea of were to look.
Doug

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 05:04:56 PM »
If you know the thread pitch/diameter, and the length of the bolt, you could check with a local bolt-and-screw/hardware distributor. Not a Lowe's or Home Depot, but a specialty place. They may have what you want or may be able to source it for you.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

Gary

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 07:10:42 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  Went to the 2 largest bolt and nut distributors in the Phoenix area, they have some in stainless, but not long enough for the rear and I would need to grind the head a bit smaller in circumference.  Will call WBY today and check Midway.  I found some at the bolt dist. a few years ago that fit my 30/378 and .257 WBY Mark V's, but they must not be available now.  Should have purchased several sets extra.
Scott Arizona

O C hunter

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 08:36:25 AM »
Just purchased a new S2 30-06 it has the allen type action screws, are they allen or a star type? checked all my bit's and nothing fits. To me they look like star, this must be new for the Vanguards.

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 02:01:54 PM »
I just purchased a Vanguard S2 stainless in .308 Win.  The action screws are Torx T30.
NRA Endowment Life Member