Spike Camp

Deer hunting going good

Deer hunting going good
« on: November 19, 2016, 06:11:46 PM »
It seems like every time a person goes with me out hunting they seem to wound the deer empty the mag and forget to take more bullets then I have to give the deer a nap. I hate seeing a wounded animal so I do the sportsman thing and dump it for them, but they still tag it. This evening 100 yd running shot and deer down. If that isn't enough a herd of about 20 elk went across the road in front of us, darn no draw tag.  A 5x5 bull passed close enough you could smell him but I think it was the odor from the herd he was with, What a adrenaline rush seeing them that close and not being able to do anything about it except watch them going into the forest right before eyes.

dubyam

• View Profile
Re: Deer hunting going good
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 06:41:15 PM »
No offense to the folks you take hunting, but maybe they should take some shooting lessons. And maybe you should require it before you take then hunting.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

Re: Deer hunting going good
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 12:40:13 AM »
It seems like every time a person goes with me out hunting they seem to wound the deer empty the mag and forget to take more bullets then I have to give the deer a nap. I hate seeing a wounded animal so I do the sportsman thing and dump it for them, but they still tag it. This evening 100 yd running shot and deer down. If that isn't enough a herd of about 20 elk went across the road in front of us, darn no draw tag.  A 5x5 bull passed close enough you could smell him but I think it was the odor from the herd he was with, What a adrenaline rush seeing them that close and not being able to do anything about it except watch them going into the forest right before eyes.

It was the same for me, when I worked for an outfitter, it always seemed I got the hunters who couldn't shoot for beans. I had to go back to town for more ammo, twice in a week, for one hunter on a mule deer hunt. He shot well at the range at targets, but he would get so excited when he saw a deer, he couldn't hit a barn.  ;D  He finally wounded one the last day, and I had to take his rifle and finish it for him.

Rob
cfp-223REM
accumark-223Rem
ultralite-240 Wby
synthetic-240 Wby
synthetic-257 Wby
ultralite-270 Wby
fibermark-270 Wby
accumark-270 Wby
accumark-7mm Wby
stainless-300 Wby
fibermark-300Wby