Spike Camp

Vortex optics

baconeater20

Vortex optics
« on: November 29, 2016, 01:11:40 PM »
Just to pass on a story that has recently happened to me. I no longer bow hunt and had 2 bows waisting away in my closet so I put them up for trade. I traded them for a Vortex Viper PST FFP MRAD 4-16x50 that was in decent shape. This optic would be my 5th from Vortex. Once I received the scope I decided to send it back to get it checked out. To my surprise they said the body of the scope was crushed due to either over tightening of the rings or impact. Before I sent it I could not tell from the naked eye that is was crushed. I sent it on a Monday. Saturday my wife received a package from Vortex. I told her to open the box and send me a picture of the work order since I work offshore. She messages me back saying, they sent you a new scope. Sure enough a brand new scope. Even told me the correct torque on the rings which is 16-18 in/LBS. What a great service department and I will continue to buy from them now on. Good to see businesses still putting their customer first.

Re: Vortex optics
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 04:12:49 PM »
Weatherby is the same way, you just can't beat great customer service.
Doug

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 08:15:32 PM »
Had the same experience with Vortex had two that i sent back then upgraded from a viper to viper hs all at no cost to me except one way shipping. As through the years i have owned several Weatherbys every time had any trouble phoned it was fixed or told what needed to be fixed by a gunsmith.

Tex68w

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 07:02:31 AM »
Vortex is an amazing company. I run the Viper PST 4-16 FFP on my 300 Accumark. They are slowly becoming one of the best optic companies in the industry and I have quite a few of their products because of their awesome CS and price point. The only other Optics company that I've had that kind of CS bestowed on me undersrvingly was from US Optics.  I had dropped a rifle when I tripped and the optic landed on a rock destroying it and US Optics replaced it with a new one free of charge.

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 02:36:05 PM »
still all china though... I bought one to try... hard leaving leupold but I know I will return....

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 04:03:23 PM »
Leupold is tried and true. No doubt. But you simply cannot beat Vortex for the money.
"The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence."