Spike Camp

Ontario buck

Ontario buck
« on: December 19, 2016, 05:17:59 PM »
Thanks for having me on site.I have a 300 left bolt markv.My Dad has a 270 right bolt markv..both around 1969 model.
We appreciate the accuracy of both guns.

danno50

• View Profile
Re: Ontario buck
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 05:45:46 PM »
Welcome to the Nation. Congrats on a great looking buck and having two vintage type Weatherby's to show off also. Yours looks like a deluxe or a sporter model, is the scope an older model or something new?   
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 06:06:04 PM »
Welcome to the Nation. Congrats on a great looking buck and having two vintage type Weatherby's to show off also. Yours looks like a deluxe or a sporter model, is the scope an older model or something new?   
Thanks danno50
I believe my left hand is a deluxe..The scope is a Bushnell 3x9.I replaced the original scope.Moisture issues.I have another mount on the wall from the same 300(10 point).Thanks again for the site.I will post mount later when complete.

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 06:12:41 PM »
Welcome to the Nation!!! Nice buck, like the background of the picture too.
The Bushnell 3X9X40 scopes are decent scopes, my Dad bought 2 of my kids a deer rifle when they decided to hunt. I purchased the Bushnell scopes for those rifles and they have been having great luck with them.
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 06:31:28 PM »
Welcome to the Nation!!! Nice buck, like the background of the picture too.
The Bushnell 3X9X40 scopes are decent scopes, my Dad bought 2 of my kids a deer rifle when they decided to hunt. I purchased the Bushnell scopes for those rifles and they have been having great luck with them.
Thanks blackbear3
The back ground is what my Family calls the bass pond.I am the fourth generation here in Ontario.

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 08:53:18 AM »
Nice buck, nice rifle, nice photo! Welcome to the Nation.
JP
Moderator Jameson Parker
www.readjamesonparker.com

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 01:39:57 PM »
My 1st buck with the 300.Non typical 10 point.

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 02:15:50 PM »
I really like the non
typical. Congrats
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 07:12:09 PM »
Non-typicals are always a little special.
DosEquisShooter

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2016, 07:29:53 PM »
Interesting brow tines on your non-typical.
 I've been deer hunting since 1965 and have hunted in 3 different states and the funny thing is I don't remember ever seeing a non-typical. I can't say I've clearly seen every buck, it just seems strange that I've never seen one hunting!!!
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2016, 09:07:09 PM »
This none typical buck had an injured left foot.I found later after reading it may have caused the antlers to be uneven.
Left foot..right antler.

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 05:52:44 PM »
You have some nice looking deer down there Ontario 300 markv. Ontario is considered to be where the next B&C record whitetail will come from. Don't have much of a deer population up here in NE Ontario, even if they a an open season in 30.

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2017, 07:27:09 AM »
Welcome to the Nation!

Nice bucks, and nice rifle, too. And you're correct, a leg injury will often manifest an opposite antler deformation. It's crazy how that happens, but it does.

In my hunting area (northern Alabama mountains) we have a particular strain of genetics which is for the most part symmetrical, but on which the left antler is always slightly, but noticeably larger than the right antler. Not related to leg injuries, but consistent enough to notice on the bucks taken over the past 7 seasons I've been hunting this property. Funny stuff happens with deer antlers, for sure.

Again, nice bucks and nice rifle. Welcome!
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2017, 08:52:13 AM »
I had the buck measured yesterday by an official  FROW scorer.It was 142 gross..with deductions the net is 139 5/8..So close to the FROW limit of 140.  3/8 's from a FROW certificate .My Wife said you better pick it up for next year.Thanks for the site We enjoy the stories.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2017, 05:23:41 PM »
Thanks for letting us know
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.