Spike Camp

Wife's First Deer

Wife's First Deer
« on: December 29, 2016, 05:24:28 PM »
So I'm super proud of my wife. She just shot her first, and second deer. My father took her hunting, because I'm not able to this year. She used her brand new Camilla chambered in 243 WIN. I'm super proud of her and consider myself a lucky man. It was an emotional experience, but she said she likes it and is willing to go again. Looks like I married my hunting buddy.
"The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence."

Re: Wife's First Deer
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 07:42:33 PM »
Congratulations to her!!!  My 12 year old granddaughter shot a doe on opening day of her first rifle hunt in November.
Doug

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 09:20:05 PM »
that's awesome, she did great  8)

Rob

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 09:38:35 PM »
Good going. Congratulations to her. Looks like the Camila is doing her job as well.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 09:42:47 PM »
Congratulations to you both..and your Father..My Lady has two small bucks after 3 years hunting.I always say enjoy Nature..Family and Friends..

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 11:07:05 PM »
I asked her what emotions she felt, and she replied:
It was a bittersweet feeling .. my heart was beating so fast when I shot the first deer that even thought of not shooting it. I looked right at the shoulder just as in the video.. then I pulled the trigger and shot the deer. It stared running and it fell to the ground. Then I started crying.
"The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence."

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 09:05:35 AM »
Congrats to your wife. Even seasoned hunters run the gamut of emotions at times, its a vital part of respecting the game.   
DosEquisShooter

Jameson

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 09:11:34 AM »
I asked her what emotions she felt, and she replied:
It was a bittersweet feeling .. my heart was beating so fast when I shot the first deer that even thought of not shooting it. I looked right at the shoulder just as in the video.. then I pulled the trigger and shot the deer. It stared running and it fell to the ground. Then I started crying.
Congratulations to her, and tell her I still find it bittersweet after all these years.
JP

Tex68w

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 09:21:45 AM »
So I'm super proud of my wife. She just shot her first, and second deer. My father took her hunting, because I'm not able to this year. She used her brand new Camilla chambered in 243 WIN. I'm super proud of her and consider myself a lucky man. It was an emotional experience, but she said she likes it and is willing to go again. Looks like I married my hunting buddy.

It's great to see women getting into the sport. I still need to get my other half out to hunt something with 4 legs, she had her first dove hunt this year after we got her her own 20ga shotgun. If we don't pass this tradition and love on to the next generation then there will be no one around to conserve and protect our rights for future generations. Thanks for sharing the pics!

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2016, 11:36:31 AM »
Finally got the picture of her with her 2nd deer. I think she's hooked, fellas. And I'm not complaining.

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 02:24:16 PM »
Nice work. Well as the saying goes, The family that hunts together stays together.
Aussie gun nut.

klong67

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2017, 06:59:52 AM »
Congratulation to you both! Thats what it is all about......building memories!