Spike Camp

Saying goodbye to a great dog.

mikhail2400

Saying goodbye to a great dog.
« on: February 19, 2017, 01:43:20 AM »
Wrote a long story explaining how and why ,my dog had to be put down but i wont ruin yalls day. Suffice to say he was a great dog and hes now gone. His name was Bump.

Re: Saying goodbye to a great dog.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 03:25:00 AM »
Sorry to hear that. We have a dog and she is starting to get up there in age.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

badsection

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 04:25:41 AM »
Sorry about your loss. Dogs are family!

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 05:44:53 AM »
The hardest thing I have ever done was to put down my Lab a few years ago. That dog was my constant companion and was there for me when I fell and broke my ankle refusing to leave my side tell help came.
I know what your feeling and it's hard saying good by to a love one. It hurts so bad I can't bring myself to get another one not wanting to have to go threw that again. :'(
TD

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 07:03:43 AM »
I had a male yellow lab put to sleep due to untreatable cancer last fall. It is always sad, but I consider this the final act of compassion. I care too much to have my dog go through that kind of suffering.

It is always hard, but you did the right thing.
JK

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 07:25:18 AM »
I took it real hard after having to do the same thing a couple years ago.We had Socks for 15 1/2 years.A Pit/Lab mix.My wife wanted to wait a while to get another dog so I agreed and it was really hard to deal with.Six months later my Mom came over with a little 8 week old puppy from the local REASON.My wife was all against it.I talked her into letting Sassy stay the night and she has been here ever since.That day brought me back to life and helped me to stop mourning the loss of Socks.I didn't and won't ever forget him,but Sassy started the healing process.

People have different ways of dealing with this and my advice to you would be to get another dog as fast as you can.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 07:53:04 AM »
I feel for you Mikhail, that is one of the toughest things in life

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 08:24:01 AM »
So sorry to hear about Bump.Dogs are truly our best friends. My lab is going on  14,blind in one eye,can barely hear,hip problems.Still my best my best buddy and goes everywhere I go with a little help, I know his time is not long.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 08:29:56 AM »
Sorry to hear about Bump!!! I am still bothered about putting our golden retriever to sleep and it's been 25 years.  :'(
Doug

Jameson

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 08:50:33 AM »
So sorry. All dog lovers have to go through it, but that doesn't make it any easier.
JP

musicman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 11:37:48 AM »
If only more humans would be as wonderful as good dogs.  Check the link when you have time.  MM
https://biggeekdad.com/2013/03/so-god-made-a-dog/

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 12:27:54 PM »
Dogs never fail to be happy to see you (unlike a lot of people). I had a wonderful mixed breed for 15 years that actually was a great bird dog. Her name was Penny (she was a real worker and always "on the money", any quail or pheasant in the area was getting flushed).
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 07:21:14 PM by texweatherby »
Come and take it.

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 01:05:24 PM »
Sorry to hear that mate. I too know the heart breaking feeling when one to put their best mate down. A sorrow that never leaves...
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2017, 02:20:04 PM »
Yup, had to put my lab down after 15 years hardest I ever did. Just about lost her twice in her life both pest control.

mikhail2400

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2017, 08:53:04 PM »
Thanks for the posts folks they do help alot. I still have a chihuhauah, a mixed pitt, a tom cat who adopted us and a pig. The taco dog is really my mothers (who lives with us) and the mix pitt is my sons while the pig dont much care for anyone if they dont have food handy. Guess that leaves me with the tom cat and while he and i get along im still a dog person at heart. Saw a flyer at the vet offering a young pup free to a good home. Think ill ask about him tomorrow when i stop by there to square my bill.