Spike Camp

Ring heights

Ring heights
« on: February 24, 2017, 05:20:57 PM »
Good afternoon guys, i finally bought a scope for my weatherby accuguard in 300 win mag. I put a warne one peice 0 moa base on it (m651) and purchased online a vortex viper hslr 4-16x50 scope. Heres my question has anybody set up there vanguard or accuguard with a 50mm objective and if so what ring brand and height did you go with and how much clearance is there between the bell and barrel. I live 130 miles from the closest sporting goods store so running in after work is not a option and they generaly only carry the basics in each brand so im better off ordering online. Thanks a bunch!
Cant live your life on "what if"

dubyam

• View Profile
Re: Ring heights
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 08:03:58 PM »
Since you have the Warne base, order some Warne rings to match it.  I'd guess something in high or possibly medium will work.  If I'm betting, I'm betting high, though, with that 50mm objective bell.  As I recall, the Vortex has a long taper on the bell, which will increase your clearance needs.  Order some Warne high rings and be done with it.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

danno50

• View Profile
Re: Ring heights
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 07:26:58 AM »
DosEquisShooter