Spike Camp

Vortex Diamondback HP 4-16

Vortex Diamondback HP 4-16
« on: March 08, 2017, 05:44:34 PM »
Any of you guys have experience with one?
Cabelas has a good doorbuster deal coming up this weekend on them and thought about looking/picking one up to replace a scope I have on a 204 that I'm not overly impressed with.
I've been hearing decent things regarding Vortex lately, however a few years back my Uncle picked up a new rifle in 7mm-08 and had put a Vortex on it, I can't remember what model for sure, guessing either a Crossfire II or regular Diamondback, pretty positive it was a 3-9, but anyways he had asked me to see what I thought of it because he thought the eye relief was goofy on it, and it was! Definitely one of the worst eye relief scopes I've ever looked through, very picky about where you were placing your eye. That pretty much made up my mind on Vortex for the time being, but a few years have went by and their popularity is growing and growing. Just wondering if you guys have any experience with this particular model?

Re: Vortex Diamondback HP 4-16
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 06:54:45 PM »
I've owned a couple Vortex scope. Just put one (Viper HS-T 4-16x44) on my new Accumark. I love the scopes. Best glass on the market for the money, if you ask me. Even the Corssfire II I had on my Vanguard was top notch at the price point.
"The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence."