Spike Camp

Bore Tech Eliminator

Bore Tech Eliminator
« on: March 20, 2017, 08:50:12 AM »
Can this be used to clean a bore after every shot while breaking in a barrel? Mfg recommends an ammonia based solvent.

dubyam

• View Profile
Re: Bore Tech Eliminator
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 10:54:46 AM »
Yes. I'd argue such cleaning isn't necessary, but the idea of break-in is one with multiple opinions. I pretty well don't use any other solvent in my rifle bores at this point, as I see no need to do so.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 04:58:52 PM »
Thanks. It's the first time I have ever "broken in" a barrel. 10 shots, cool and clean between each shot, then 2 shots, clean, cool, five times. Total 20 rounds. I did notice that the patches weren't as dirty when I finished the last of the 10 round shots. I figure it wouldn't hurt.

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 07:02:06 PM »
I used it while breaking in my ULW 6.5-300 and it worked great. I've never noticed a difference between the rifles I broke in and didn't, but it certainly didn't hurt and it made for an enjoyable day of shooting. The limliting factor nowadays is my old eyes, BTE is the only solvent I use now.
Doug

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 07:51:10 PM »
Since my scope hadn't arrived, just the base, it was a rather boring experience sinc eall I could do was point it downrange and pull the trigger.

It was a Howa heavy barrel in 6.5 CM. I have a Vanguard already but I wanted something a little more "tacticool"  8)

Michiganhunter

• Honor is the gift you give to yourself
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 07:13:47 PM »
I didn't know about this product until today. I just ordered a bottle. It pays to check out different subject titles and browse through them. Thanks Weatherby Nation Members.
If you are arguing with an idiot and someone passes by, they don't know who's the idiot.

FiredawgBill

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 05:26:24 PM »
I just got a bottle too!