Spike Camp

New Accuguard Problem

257 Shooter

• 257 Shooter
    • View Profile
Re: New Accuguard Problem
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2018, 06:21:43 PM »
It's a problem with some Bell and Carlson stocks. It has nothing to do with the metalwork of the rifle. Bell and Carlson can be a little crude.

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2018, 07:28:50 PM »
It's a problem with some Bell and Carlson stocks. It has nothing to do with the metalwork of the rifle. Bell and Carlson can be a little crude.

Fair enough.. would you think I need a new stock then? I had figured maybe just a re-pillar bedding job would correct this.

257 Shooter

• 257 Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2018, 05:40:20 PM »
To be perfect, it would take a different stock. You can see how the top edges of the barrel channel or forearm aren't symmetrical. No change in pillars or bedding will fix that. It's not likely affecting function. It's an aesthetic issue.

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2018, 02:18:56 PM »
*UPDATE* I know everyone on here is a Weatherby fan, as am I.. I currently have several Weatherby products and owned several others over the years. However I am now less than impressed with Weatherby's customer service. For those of you following along I had a gap discrepancy in the barrel channel of my new Accuguard - long story short after receiving my new rifle I noticed the issue and was told by the retailer to send it to the Weatherby repair center (Canadian) which I did the next day. My rifle has been there since the second week of January and despite my repeated attempts to get answers as to when I can expect my rifle back - no one at the "repair center" can give me an answer and several of my e-mails have gone unanswered. Attempting to contact Weatherby head office directly has also proved futile as I was told "Things are really busy here" and "The rep is out at trade shows"

I understand that the problem with my rifle is the B&C stock and that the remedy is to replace it.. This seems pretty simple and I have a hard time understanding why a customer would have to wait months to start enjoying his new purchase. Having owned several businesses that rely heavily on maintaining a high standard of customer service, I feel I Weatherby is treating me like an insignificant afterthought. Sorry for the rant.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2018, 03:35:56 AM »
I believe your CS "Problem" exists at a Canadian level,not with the company here in the US.When corresponding with Weatherby it is better to call on the phone instead of using your computer.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2018, 06:55:37 AM »
Well I heard back from Weatherby customer service and they are going to fix the problem.  They will be sending me a shipping label and box to send it out to Cal. to be fixed.

I gotta say I'm really impressed with the customer service.  What a great company to deal with!

I dealt with Mr. Rusty McCune and I'm very appreciative of his perfessionalism and promptness.  Great representation of the company!
I would still tend to agree with Tom, that its a Canadian level Customer Service problem and the ball is there court, so I guess its a waiting game.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2018, 08:16:33 AM »
Well I have attempted to contact both the Canadian repair center and Weatherby via good old fashioned phone calls as well as e-mail.. I would agree this is a Canadian level CS problem, but being told on the phone that they are really busy and the rep is out at trade shows is pretty dismissive.. Weatherby should try a little harder.

danno50, I ordered this rifle in October of last year so yeah it certainly is a waiting game.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2018, 02:00:42 PM »
Well, Sumonda I must say, you have the patience of Job. "Good things come to those who wait" is
 all I can think of, good luck Sir.
DosEquisShooter

baconeater20

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2018, 09:36:16 PM »
 sumonda how has the rifle problem been going? Hopefully good.

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2018, 08:06:18 AM »
Nothing yet.. called Weatherby again 2 weeks ago and was put through to another department where I could only leave a message, I explained the problem and left my number, Again!, but didn't get a call back, Again!. I am still a fan of Weatherby rifles, but I gotta say I have never had such terrible customer service anywhere with anything... It's like they are completely ignoring me from day one! This has been going on since January 8th, surely replacing a stock can be done in a more reasonable time frame.

smorrell

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2018, 05:57:34 PM »
Sumonda,

The experienced you've described is the opposite of what we're striving for. Being located in Canada does present some challenges with resolving issues quickly, but it should not have taken this long for you to get a response from us. I've been made aware of your correspondence and want to connect you with the correct individual to bring this to resolution.  Please provide your name and telephone number in a private message to me and I will assist in getting this moving for you.

Sincerely,

Scott Morrell | Director of Operations
Tel: 800-227-2016 | Fax: 805.237.0427

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2018, 08:17:35 PM »
It my have taken awhile, but that is Customer Service

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2018, 08:20:23 PM »
Good luck. Hopefully the problem will be resolved quickly now and you can do some shooting.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2018, 09:04:03 PM »
Sumonda,

The experienced you've described is the opposite of what we're striving for. Being located in Canada does present some challenges with resolving issues quickly, but it should not have taken this long for you to get a response from us. I've been made aware of your correspondence and want to connect you with the correct individual to bring this to resolution.  Please provide your name and telephone number in a private message to me and I will assist in getting this moving for you.

Scott Morrell | Director of Operations
Tel: 800-227-2016 | Fax: 805.237.0427

PM'd you.. and thank you!

baconeater20

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2018, 10:02:33 PM »
Great to hear they are going to take care of it.