Spike Camp

Put in an order for Vanes

Put in an order for Vanes
« on: April 09, 2017, 12:41:11 PM »
Just got done placing an order for Red,white and blue 4" vanes from AAE. 50 of each color. They come with there gel glue but might just use my loctite glue. It's thin and dries fast. Holds good.
Can't decide if I am going to do wraps or not. Can't wait to see them whistling through the air.
I went with the 4" because I plan on using Muzzy Mx-3 broadheads when I go to Idaho this September. I am sure the smaller ones are fine but I like the 4" vanes.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

galamb

• View Profile
Re: Put in an order for Vanes
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 01:45:37 PM »
I prefer longer vanes myself, have found after trying just about everything on the market that I get consistently better/tighter groups with the 4 or even 5 inch vanes.

And not being a "speed freak" I don't mind the extra few grains :)
Graham
R.C.A.F (Retired)
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North EH!

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 06:22:36 PM »
I'd Love to see a slow motion video of your Red, White and Blue arrows entering an Idaho Black Bear this coming fall.
Doug

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 07:40:44 PM »
I wish I had a video camera that would zoom in and capture good footage. iPhones are alright but I don't think it's great.
Think I ought to put some wraps on the shafts? Maybe white wraps?
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 07:53:24 PM »
The right wraps definitely make an arrow more visible in flight. I picked up a video camera a couple years ago and ended up returning it because you had to have a computer to watch it.
Doug

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 09:46:19 PM »
Had time to fletch three arrows today
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member