Spike Camp

12 Year Work in Progress

jmnyckt

12 Year Work in Progress
« on: April 12, 2017, 03:12:13 AM »
This is an old as dirt Parker Hale 'Safari Deluxe" in .243 Win. I bought this rifle from a co-worker who had no idea what it was. When he showed it to me it was caked in dust, grime and mildee. The original recoil pad was all dry rot and i had no clue what was underneath the filth. I paid $50 for it, brought it home, i thought my wife was going to kill me. I sprayed some cleaner/degreaser on it and wiped it clean. The bluing was immaculate, but the stock is fair at best and the rifle needed a good ammount of TLC. Ive been working on this little by little when i want something to do. As you can see, there is so much more to be done. However, in the condition its in it is a fine shooter and holds its own for such an old rifle. I have no clue how old it is except the guy i bought it from purchased it in Germany while stationed there in the '60s. It has all matching stamps BNP with the crown above it, so its a real Parker Hale, not a Gibbs Mfg. rifle (Gibbs bought out PH), It can use most Mauser 98 large ring parts, but it has some slight differences where some parts wont work on it. I know where the imperfections are on the rifle, but i like it that way. It does what its supposed to do, and cant ask for more than that, one day it will be complete, but for now its good to me. Thought you might like to see an oldie but goodie (and a not so pretty) thanks

224KING

• View Profile
Re: 12 Year Work in Progress
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 06:20:35 AM »
Good old German utilitarian rifle.Can beat that for 50 bucks.
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.