Spike Camp

300 weatherby for deer

eford

• View Profile
Re: 300 weatherby for deer
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2017, 09:48:24 PM »
Roy Weatherby designed the 300 Wby cartridge around the 180gn bullet. No matter what yours likes, such as Partitions, Scirocco IIs, Interlocks or TTSXs feed it what it likes best and practice, practice, practice.
Iíve taken several deer at +300 yards with my 300 Roy using the ordinary 180gn Hornady Interlocks. When you make a good shot with a 300 Roy the hunting part is done with, so have a good skinning knife ready.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2018, 08:40:04 PM »
what would you use in a mark v for long range deer

I shoot a 180 BST in my 300 WBY for whitetails. This years results:

https://imgur.com/gallery/ezmuV

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 07:51:28 PM »
Used to do it on a regular basis as a teenager in Michigan.(just a few years ago:)  Got lots o attention of course. Pop's and Grandpappy  strenuously taught me to be aware of the background/sitaware to preclude any mishaps after the bullet passing through the little deer. We used the heaviest bullets available at the time.  Only reason I used that Cannon in Michigan,
was that it was handed down to me from family, and it had had mucho history in Wyoming and Montana. I cherish those hunts now.
Just got me a 460 (used) and can't imagine going over to Africa and killing any DG(R).
Guess I'll settle for hogs here in Florida.
Cheers all