Spike Camp

Thanks again to our service men

PARA45

• View Profile
Re: Thanks again to our service men
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2017, 07:48:28 PM »
Thanks everyone, and thank you for all who have served before me.  Especially all you guys who served during the Viet Nam war.  Thank you!!!!  I am reaching the end of my career in the Air Force, and I should be dropping my retirement papers sometime this year.  Bitter sweet feeling.  I'll have to figure out how to dress in the morning.  I've been wearing a uniform for a long time, and I don't have to think much on what to wear in the morning.   ;D ;D ;D LOL!!!!!  I'm also glad my two sons are following my foot steps.   ;) ;)
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2017, 08:34:25 PM »
i noticed we had another new member here that was getting ready or has just retired.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2017, 09:28:47 PM »
Thank you to each and everyone of you for your service. Because of the sacrifices you guys voluntarily make I can sleep peacefully at night and get up in the morning and worry about what's gonna happen at work that day, not bread lines or bombs.

God Bless.
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 11:48:10 AM »
Thanks everyone, and thank you for all who have served before me.  Especially all you guys who served during the Viet Nam war.  Thank you!!!!  I am reaching the end of my career in the Air Force, and I should be dropping my retirement papers sometime this year.  Bitter sweet feeling.  I'll have to figure out how to dress in the morning.  I've been wearing a uniform for a long time, and I don't have to think much on what to wear in the morning.   ;D ;D ;D LOL!!!!!  I'm also glad my two sons are following my foot steps.   ;) ;)

What is your MOS in the Air Force? 35 years is a long time and 26 years at the same job is incredible feat. I thought doing my job for more than 11 years was crazy. Mostly a younger mans game.
Again I wish you guys would post pictures of your service. I like it when service men and women share their experiences with everyone.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2017, 03:51:27 PM »
Chris thank you so much for your comments.  My MOS (AFSC in the Air Force) is a 1C390 = Command and Control.  My job is in a place with no windows where we control who comes in and goes out.  Most of us have TS clearances.  My job at Homestead was mainly looking south, and what was coming our way.  After 9-11, things got interesting, and we were looking south, and all around us.  I sometime ask myself the same question about being in the same job for 26 years, but the AF, and the rest of the military wants that type of service so I could guide and train the future Air Force troops.  Never set foot in the AOR, but was not for lack of trying.  I sometimes think that my mom has a direct line with the man upstairs, because every time I volunteered to go, something would come up and my name would be pulled out of the bucket. :(  My current grade is E-8 = Senior Master Sergeant.  I would have made Chief (E-9), but unfortunately I am not politically correct, and I don't kiss ass, and that killed any potential of me making Chief.

Here is a picture with my wife, my step son after his graduation.  The next picture is of me 36 hours later after I left Korea.  Our fighter squadron deployed there to calm things with North Korea, this was back in 2010.  I'll post one with my son later on.

Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2017, 04:41:01 PM »
Hopefully with our ships off the coast of N.Korea will keep thing calmer for right now.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2017, 04:55:49 PM »
Some how this picture didn't upload.  Nah, now I am not too worry, I am currently station at a depot base, so I am good for now.  LOL

badsection

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2017, 05:07:13 PM »
Nice picture!   :)

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2017, 05:10:51 PM »
Good pictures. I wish more members would share their experiences in the service.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2017, 05:25:12 PM »
You have had a very interesting career Oscar. Thanks for sharing and for your service.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2017, 06:48:59 PM »
Thank you gents, I appreciate y'all comments.  As an immigrant,  I felt that it was my duty to serve this great nation that opened the doors to our family.  If had to do it all over again, without hesitation I'd sign up again.

Old Army

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2017, 01:07:33 AM »
Chris,  On behalf of all Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coastguards men and women....A big thanks to you and everyone that supports our armed forces!         

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2017, 09:34:48 AM »
Thank you.
That's a small batch of machine gun parts
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2017, 06:21:01 PM »
Old Army, that is a great picture!  Thanks for sharing!!!!!