Spike Camp

Partitions or Accubonds

BB340

• View Profile
Re: Partitions or Accubonds
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2017, 09:37:07 PM »
+1 for the 130 grain 6.5 Swift Scirocco II's eford. Except I run them in my 6.5x65 RWS. They are fantastic in it.
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2017, 01:00:58 PM »
I load Partitions in all my hunting rifles, except for my wife's 243. She wanted reduced recoil loads and I couldn't get the Partitions to shoot as well as I wanted at those velocities. So I switched to Accubonds and the groups shrank to less than 3/4 MOA.

Nosler advertises that they designed the Accubon to have similar/the same terminal ballistics as the Partition, but better external ballistics (it flies better). I say if the Partition shoots well out of your rifle, go with that. There's a reason the Partition has been the ketric orher bullets are measured against for over half a decade. But if you need more accuracy, the Accubon should provide a good combo of accuracy and performance on game.
"The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence."

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2017, 03:57:45 PM »
I wouldn't over-think it...either works just fine. Use whichever one shoots the best in your rifle.
JK

badsection

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2017, 04:07:16 PM »
I wouldn't over-think it...either works just fine. Use whichever one shoots the best in your rifle.
  +1   ;D

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2017, 06:36:13 PM »
There was 130 and 140 Accubonds on sale at Midway. That was another reason I ask and makes it had to decide. I am thinking 300 will be max I would shoot.
The Partition has a great reputation for performance and killing game and would be an excellent choice. Sent you a PM
I ordered two packs of Accubonds and thanks for the link again.
Did you order the 130's, 140's or one of each? I know it might be a while, but keep us posted with the results. Hope your rifle likes both.
DosEquisShooter

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2017, 06:44:54 PM »
I've said this before but I think its worth saying again. I met a guy who lived and hunted on Kodiak Island for 20 or 25 years. All he used for his hunting load in his 270 Win was Nosler Partitions. He was the man with one rifle and one load. I don't know if he hunted the famous big bears there. I think he knew what he was doing. He certainly did not look like he had a losing encounter with a bear.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2017, 07:55:09 PM »
There was 130 and 140 Accubonds on sale at Midway. That was another reason I ask and makes it had to decide. I am thinking 300 will be max I would shoot.
The Partition has a great reputation for performance and killing game and would be an excellent choice. Sent you a PM
I ordered two packs of Accubonds and thanks for the link again.
Did you order the 130's, 140's or one of each? I know it might be a while, but keep us posted with the results. Hope your rifle likes both.
Just the 140's for right now. I want to get some SST's in 129 and 140 grain very soon.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2017, 07:56:51 PM »
And the 130 grain accubond. Then some Partitions if any of those don't shoot well.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

zonie

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2017, 11:05:30 AM »
I've had good luck and bad luck with both bullets, and mainly it comes down to impact ranges and velocities that are on the ragged edge of with the bullets are capable and designed to do.  I've on couple  occasion where Partitions have completely came apart , I mean completely came apart I found small pieces of bullet jackets and lead thru out the meat and bone ( always on elk ).   More than several times I've lost the partitions nose lead, but the remaining back half of the bullet at the h-section drove deep or exited, breaking all bones in it's path.    Accubonds I've had fail also pushing them really fast at very close ranges, smaller diameter bullet .257 - 110 gr.  ( elk again ) My son in  Law shot a nice Water Buck fairly close 30-06 - 180 gr with accubonds and I wasn't impressed.   I think expecting any bullet to act perfectly in every situation, diameter , weight, various velocities and ranges is asking a lot out of the design.  I also like Scirocco's  and A-frames very good bullets I kind of think of them as close to top of the hill in both materials and design,   but they do foul the barrel more easily. 

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2017, 04:48:03 PM »
Bullets came in today! I have a few days before I can mess with any.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

badsection

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2017, 05:01:45 PM »
Hope you find exactly what you are looking for!   :)

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2017, 06:10:13 PM »
Good deal, let us know what your rifle likes.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".