Spike Camp

Weatherby Long Range Muzzleloader

Chris

• View Profile
Re: Weatherby Long Range Muzzleloader
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 05:27:29 PM »
I almost had a Vanguard converted to smokeless but a buddy offered me a real good price for it so I didn't do it. So I guess I did come close to having one.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

zonie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 08:40:09 AM »
I agree with 257 first post,  I also don't have an issue with muzzle loaders in general .  Long range muzzle loaders imo ought  to be placed in general rifle seasons such as  deer, elk, etc.   Nuisance big game  such as hogs or non game animals I don't have an issue with modern muzzle loaders.  Primitive weapons means Primitive weapons and should be treated accordingly with no unfair advantage given to modern long range muzzle loaders, i.e. scoped, & sabots. We all know modern muzzle loaders have the capability of taking big game at great distance far beyond old school muzzle loaders can do with any consistency or a lot of luck.   Modern muzzle loaders have evolved into not being primitive anymore.   States definitely have their own rules on how to manage wildlife and that's for the most part a good thing,  so what's good back east may not be good in the south west   In my State  archery and muzzle loaders are competing with some of the best  elk hunting  dates ( in the rut ), and I wouldn't have a problem with it if it were primitive muzzle loaders , but long range modern muzzle loaders competing with special archery elk seasons, now who has the advantage between the two ? Our only saving grace on that situation there isn't a lot of tags given out.   The problem the States are paying special attention  to special interest groups with an agenda and it doesn't mean it's in hunters or the animals best interest.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 09:01:20 AM by zonie »

Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2017, 03:06:44 PM »
It doesn't matter to me what type of muzzleloader someone uses. I like the caplocks for nostalgia and I keep getting them pretty cheap and in real good condition.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

Michiganhunter

• Honor is the gift you give to yourself
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 05:25:12 PM »
I have a flintlock that I have used on squirrels and completely enjoy it. It has a butt to muzzle full length stock with beautiful wood. I love sitting with my back against a tree with my hands on that finely figured rifle. It is just another reason to be out in the woods in the fall instead of watching tv. I enjoy that rifle equally as well as my synthetic stock,fluted barrel Weatherby ULW. With either rifle I am outdoors.
If you are arguing with an idiot and someone passes by, they don't know who's the idiot.

Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2017, 05:30:38 PM »
Been watching for a .32 or .36 that is in "my" price range.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member