Spike Camp

We were finally picked for Minnesota Bear hunt.

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
Re: We were finally picked for Minnesota Bear hunt.
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 08:42:31 AM »
Roger are you driving or flying up here to Bear hunt? I don't know if you use head nets., but if the mosquitos are as bad as they usually are you may want to bring 2 headnets to wear. Some of my spots were so bad I actually taped up my sleeves and pant legs and wore 2 headnets. 
One nice thing about Minnesota the nonresidents are put in the same pool as the residents. It has usually taken me 3-4 years to get drawn, if my wife is well I may try a no quota spot.
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 08:56:59 AM »
Maybe they should bring their shotguns, If they get a bear early they can shoot the limit in Mosquitoes. ;D
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 09:44:58 AM »
One of our members here that lives and hunts in this area highly recommended this outfitter. Said there are lots of bear there and the guide had got some good ones.After this fall Chris and I should be able to give you an idea of Minnesota vs Out West on his hunt.
Thanks Dan.
22 hr drive and the 2 other guys are going to drive as one doesn't fly.I am going to have them bring up my gun and hunting gear and I will fly into Bemidji about an hour away and meet them in Northome.Going to take my Therma Cell to ward off the skeeters.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 12:29:22 PM »
Nice. I hope you only have great things to report back!
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 12:49:47 PM »
congrats!  I was going to recommend a couple of Therma Cells just in case one fails. 

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2017, 07:08:14 AM »
Good hunting and a safe trip to you. Decent choice on the 45-70, I'd think. I have not been lucky enough to go on a bear hunt, but always pictured myself using a lever action 45-70 with open sights if I got the chance.
Some like cologne, I like the smell of gunpowder.