Spike Camp

Collapsed shoulder

Collapsed shoulder
« on: May 27, 2017, 08:28:08 PM »
Here the other day was trying out new leads in my 300 Wby. The first one accidentally collapsed the shoulder I tried to chamber it but it would not. What I would like to know if there was a way to pull the shoulder up enough to chamber this to fire the round and save the brass? Or do I take it into sheep country and accidentally loose it because every time I have lost a round out hunting the next year has "Always" been successful.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 09:29:38 PM by northern hunter »

dubyam

• View Profile
Re: Collapsed shoulder
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 04:54:11 AM »
If the brass will go into your sizing die, you might be able to salvage it. My suspicion is, it's a lost cause. I have a few pieces of crushed/bent/bad brass from over 25 years of handloading.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 10:53:51 AM »
It's a live round dubyam, trying some eldx and forgot to adjust accordingly.

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 11:42:26 AM »
So pull the bullet and dump the powder and go from there.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 09:46:17 PM »
Accidentally lose that round and have a successful hunt.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 09:23:55 PM »
+1 for dropping it and appeasing the gods of hunting.
Tell her a gun collection is like wilderness. Even though we donít use it all the time, we need to know itís there. -Pat McManus

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 03:24:12 AM »
Darn sure don't want to make them mad
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.