Spike Camp

Can't make up my mind

Montucky

Re: Can't make up my mind
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2017, 10:33:19 AM »
We played with the cable guard and moving it right made the problem worse. The rest is not the problem either. I will call elite customer service during my lunch.

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2017, 11:29:03 AM »
http://www.lancasterarchery.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/papertune2-scale.jpg
Try loosening your set screw for the horizontal adjustment 1/2 of a mark to the right and just see what happens. Worst case scenario is shaft will travel towards the right. But do this and tell us what happens.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

Montucky

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2017, 10:00:44 PM »
I tried moving it right the first night I shot it and it threw it obviously off. Like with the arrow flipping noticably. We had to move it back to the left at the shop to paper tuned it. I emailed Elite and asked them and the reply was that some sights they run into don't adjust far enough and I should try more sights. Sooooo no help there so far. Because if a company builds bows so far tweaked that ANY sight won't work I want nothing to do with such a half assed outfit. I am going to try one more bow expert but honestly I am so pissed at this bow already that chances are I will try to get some money back and go back to shooting my broken down old Mathews drenalin that is built so that the string is at least in line with the grip and the rest of the bow. I will not argue if someone says Elite builds some good bows, but I would never buy an option six again.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2017, 05:46:05 AM »
Anyone know which sight is being used in this advertisement for Option 6 bows?
https://www.elitearchery.com/bows/option-6
DosEquisShooter

Montucky

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2017, 10:10:33 AM »
No idea what sight is on in the picture. But I am Truly thinking that I have a messed up bow. Either way I am gonna try one more trip to the bow shop and if they can't figure it out I am going to sell it, run it over, or put it in the 50 ton press at work. I am pretty much done with it. Even if it gets worked out perfectly, I don't want a bow that is so picky with tuning. If I take a small spill walking the mountains or breaks in Montana, I want the bow to still shoot "ok" for the rest of the trip. Overall I don't trust the bow, don't like the bow, and don't want the bow.

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2017, 01:00:11 PM »
I have a Hoyt Faktor 30 that I can see it my son isn't using and make a trade with you. It's set on 28.5 and not 29".
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2017, 01:22:42 PM »
Sounds like you've made up your mind now. I guess they have a no return policy unless something is defective? I looked on line, and might have missed something, but it looked like the Trophy Taker Option 6 bow sight is the only one that works with that bow. 
DosEquisShooter

Montucky

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2017, 02:46:08 PM »
Might think about a trade......still what type of half assed company makes a bow that only one type of sight is guaranteed to work with ???.

Either way we will see what they can do at Scheels tonight. If they can sell me on it and get it shooting, I will use it for the season. Hell I have already taken the depreciation on it.

Montucky

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2017, 10:48:47 PM »
Well believe it or not Scheels let me trade the Elite option six for a Mathews Halon 32 6. After talking to everyone even somewhat connected to their bow shop and, venting on here, and emailing elite I realized I just couldn't get past the string and rest sitting so far left and looking crooked.

Turns out, the Halon tunes easier, shoots easier, and has the "look" of being in line. I do miss the extra let off that the elite had, but I guess I might just be one of those goofy Mathews guys.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2017, 06:21:50 AM »
There are a number of top of the line bow mfg's, but you'd be hard pressed to beat a Mathews from all the reviews I've read over the last 20 years. (only thing I don't like is that every year theres a new choice) The difference between the 6 inch and 7 inch brace height in speed is only 8fps. :o Hope this bow works out well for you.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2017, 06:58:48 AM »
Hope this bow gives you much better results, the archery season isn't that far away.
Doug

Montucky

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2017, 09:55:20 PM »
Got some shooting time in finally. I thought I would be clever and try to shot a good three shot group (usually I shoot at individual dots) but ended up Robin hooding and arrow. Luckily it was a junker from a few years back. Either way it was a good start from thirty yards  ;D

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2017, 04:58:59 PM »
That'll build the confidence up, bet your glad you dumped the Elite.
Doug

Montucky

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2017, 09:07:52 PM »
To be honest and stop the petty whining I have been doing, the elite would probably do just as good, probably better with a good archer holding the bow. But yeah it makes me feel pretty good to be able to key hole arrows right off the bat.

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2017, 09:27:47 PM »
Great shooting with the Robin Hood. ;D A little costly though. Confidence is everything.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.