Spike Camp

New Vanguard - Cerakote Grey wth Laminated Stock

Wild Bill Hiccup

New Vanguard - Cerakote Grey wth Laminated Stock
« on: July 11, 2017, 04:36:24 AM »
While looking through some online gun dealer websites, I noticed a model listed on a few sites that I don't find listed on Weatherby's website. It's an S2 with tactical grey Cerakote and pepper laminated stock. I noticed "in stock" listings for .243 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor and .308 Win.

Anyway.... is this a new addition to the Vanguard herd? I'm thinking about picking up a Creedmoor and this model would probably look pretty sharp.

Bud's Guns Listing:
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/mobile/product/719015635/redirect
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 05:17:03 AM by Wild Bill Hiccup »

Re: New Vanguard - Cerakote Grey wth Laminated Stock
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 07:38:50 AM »
I don't know but that is one good looking rifle!!!

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 08:00:12 AM »
I'm not sure but it could be a discontinued model they still have in stock.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 02:58:59 PM »
Discontinued is right Chris. Wild Bill, this is the answer from CS.

We have recieved your email addressed to Sheila Thorp who no longer works for the company.  To better serve you in the future please address your questions to info@weatherby.com and any one of our customer service technicians can assist you in a timely manner;  Ms Thorp's email is no longer active.
But, meanwhile I will try to answer your question regarding this firearm you have listed: the VLM model Vanguard rifles were built as a custom design and sold in 2016 and priced at $988 MSRP.  We offered them in three calibers, 243 Win, 308 Win, and the 6.5 Creedmoor.  We do not manufacture these any longer, as I mentioned it was a special makeup through our Custom Shop.
DosEquisShooter

Wild Bill Hiccup

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 08:51:15 PM »
Discontinued is right Chris. Wild Bill, this is the answer from CS.

Thanks, fellas!
Shame it's discontinued. I would think that would have been a hot selling model.

Wild Bill Hiccup

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 09:01:35 PM »
I guess if a fellow really wanted this look, it'd be easy enough to just buy a Weatherguard and then order a Boyd's Prairie Hunter laminated stock for it. It looks to me like a Boyd's they've used anyway. Then, when ordering, a fella could also add a forearm tip and pistol grip cap, too, should they so desire. Anyway....

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 10:08:25 AM »
Has anyone heard of the accuracy with these?
I am considering a new one of these in .243 at a great price.
I am sure they will shoot well as is and I really do not want to mess with trying to bed the rifle.
I have never owner a Boyd Stock but if Weatherby and Boyd did their homework it should be a great fit.

Thanks!

sschefer

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 10:57:40 AM »
Don't own one but I made one. Vanguard Series 2 .308 with a Boyd's At-One stock. Shoots pretty well but shoots better in a Hogue fully bedded over molded Chassis. About the same cost too. The rifle in the background is a Bergara B-14 HMR 6.5 CM. The Vanguard also has a Howa 1500 mag conversion and uses AICS mags.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 11:01:00 AM by sschefer »

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 10:28:04 PM »
I just picked up my new Weatherby Vanguard II .308 in Tungsten Grey Cerakote/laminate stock today. It was on sale @ Reeds' Sports and looks EXACTLY like the one pictured above. It is not listed in the current Weatherby catalog--online-- Reed's states and I was told by the sales associate this is a special factory-run exclusive for Reed's. (PSSST--Yes, I said it's on-sale.)
My goodness this is one handsome rifle-- photos just don't do it justice. Beautiful grey/black laminated stock. I could not be more pleased. This is my first Weatherby rifle--I've ordered a Vortex Diamondback 3x9x40 scope and a set of Talley Vanguard2 Medium rings/bases to complete the package. I cannot wait to see this rascal complete...then we can work on getting it sighted in and on-paper.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 10:30:58 PM by JTMuddy »

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 09:21:11 PM »
I just picked up my new Weatherby Vanguard II .308 in Tungsten Grey Cerakote/laminate stock today. It was on sale @ Reeds' Sports and looks EXACTLY like the one pictured above. It is not listed in the current Weatherby catalog--online-- Reed's states and I was told by the sales associate this is a special factory-run exclusive for Reed's. (PSSST--Yes, I said it's on-sale.)
My goodness this is one handsome rifle-- photos just don't do it justice. Beautiful grey/black laminated stock. I could not be more pleased. This is my first Weatherby rifle--I've ordered a Vortex Diamondback 3x9x40 scope and a set of Talley Vanguard2 Medium rings/bases to complete the package. I cannot wait to see this rascal complete...then we can work on getting it sighted in and on-paper.
Be sure to post some pics when it's all put together.

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 01:42:13 PM »
Looking over a new online flyer from Reeds Sports on the Weatherby Vanguard II in Tungsten Grey Cerakote. Looks like a wide range of calibers offered. Cerasport is also on sale but not as many caliber choices.
IF you buy one during this promotion, you can buy a second at half-price. Check it out. Same deal offered on Mark V rifles as well.
BOGO50%OFF.