Spike Camp

Great Deals

Nate_N

Great Deals
« on: July 20, 2017, 01:24:01 PM »
Hello all! Now that I got the gun I wanted I can let you guys in on where I got it as a thank you for having me in your group. I haven't been on GunBroker in a while but I checked in a week ago to look for a new rifle for my annual mule deer sabbatical to Idaho (I had been borrowing a Tilkka). I stumbled onto a seller who had 15-20 rifles listed and they were all NIB in the .257 Roberts-.264 win mag range. Kimber montanas, weatherby mark v ultralights, vanguard, weathermark, 700 stainless fluted, BDL's, Ruger 77's. They were all no reserve and opening bids started around 60% of the value. A lot sold at starting bid price. I just spoke with the seller on the phone today to ask a question about my purchase and in conversation I asked where she came up with these deals. She claimed they bought a private collection from an elderly guy who fell ill and wanted to sell them so his wife didn't have to deal with it. Over 130 guns all in new condition! She said they have family in town but in a couple weeks will start putting them up again. So, if you're in the market I'd say at least give it a look. I attached a pic of their account. Very nice people to deal with as well. Good luck!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 01:28:24 PM by Nate_N »

Re: Great Deals
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 01:39:43 PM »
I did a search on Gunbroker for them but got no results. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

Nate_N

Re: Great Deals
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 01:45:14 PM »
I just tried and it only comes up if you search under seller name but not in a general search. Looks like they have 1 scope up right now. Forgot to mention they also had some nice upland bird/trap guns (not my bag so I didn't look to much). I remember a browning citori a Charles daly(?) and a ruger red label. She said they sold most of the stuff that were in boxes but will re list the ones that didn't and start selling all the ones that didn't have boxes as soon as her grandkids leave town.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 01:50:22 PM by Nate_N »