Spike Camp

New Twist

New Twist
« on: August 05, 2017, 02:31:52 PM »
Over2 years ago, I was gifted a DNA test kit. There were no surprises, other than a 1.5% "unknown". My speculation is that my great grandfather was married to a part American Indian. Every once in a while, they contact me with a new relative. A woman from Germany is looking for her father contacted me. We are apparently  4th cousins. She asked about service members stationed there in the 1952 range. The only real knowledge I have says my relatives served in the Pacific in WWll and left the military after the Japs surrendered.  Pure guess, my Irish relatives could have been there in that time frame. In any case, the relatives on the site do not include the "family" member that gifted the kit to me. Closest relative is a niece. My oldest late brother had kids by 4 different women.  Anybody else take that DNA test?  ;D

Re: New Twist
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 04:00:41 PM »
When I read where a German woman was looking for her father I thought Oh Boy here we go what did you do now. ??? :o ::) ;D
Actually I have wanted to do it but don't want to spend the money and don't trust that they can get positive results from a saliva swab from your mouth.
TD

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 04:28:04 PM »
The one single close relative is my niece on that site. They will nail down your heredity! 1.5 % is next to nothing! I spent nothing although the " family gifter" may well have had a ulterior motive. All the information is private unless you decide otherwise.  This woman sent me a message purely on the relationship on a whim, with no idea who I am other than being the proposed 4th cousin and looking to close a gap on who her dad really was.23andme.   :)

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 07:57:47 PM »
Hey Bad, I was born in Germany. You may be my relative too. (5th Cousin?) :o
I love the smell of deer guts in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY!

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 08:23:37 PM »
A swab is way more than they need now days for DNA tests.They catch criminals all the time now by just touch DNA.
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 09:17:28 PM »
My Sister did the test, I have not.  Supposedly, my results would be the same as hers.  I think it is all fascinating, and still may do it anyway.  One person I know that took the test, had a really BIG, uncomfortable surprise.  They sort of "wrote it off," as "there must have been a malfunction in the test procedure."  And another person I know, needs to be tricked into taking the test.  I guarantee, he was switched at birth at the hospital accidentally.  HE IS NOT THE SON OF HIS PARENTS.  Most all adopted people I know, are FAR better matched to their adoptive parents than this mongrel.  Anyway.  MM 

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 06:13:11 AM »
Hey Bad, I was born in Germany. You may be my relative too. (5th Cousin?) :o
I suppose it's possible. My listed relatives are pretty much all over the world.  A bunch are in Australia.  I'm mostly Irish/British. they don't break that part down further.  My mother's family was Dutch but have been here in the U.S. since mid 1800's, so I am 20 some percent Dutch   I am .05% African. Pretty much we all are as that's where the oldest human remains have been found.  The test results were interesting.   The person that gave me the kit is not listed as a relative. Either they did not take it or they really aren't related. I guess the "melting pot" is pretty much true about Americans.  ;D

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 08:41:22 AM »
At least you didn't find out Barack Obama was your 1st cousin. ;D
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2017, 09:51:10 AM »
At least you didn't find out Barack Obama was your 1st cousin. ;D
Actually, he has some Irish blood. LOL! 

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2017, 03:09:38 PM »
After numerous emails, alarms are going off! Her English is absolutely TOO perfect! Cynical and paranoia is a learned thing!   :)

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2017, 05:29:37 PM »
she's looking for her daddy alright her SUGAR DADDY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! ;D
TD

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 05:02:44 PM »
Hope I didn't upset you Buddy but what happened to your German DNA connection :D
TD

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 03:47:57 AM »
Because of the 6 hour time difference, contact is slow.  We are still emailing each other . I thought your post was funny, T D!   ;D

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2017, 12:58:21 PM »
Yeah I thought you knew me well enough that I could pick on you a little ::) ;D
TD

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2017, 02:16:23 PM »
My favorite quote, "Life is too important to take seriously"   Julius "Groucho" Marx.    ;D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 02:18:10 PM by badsection »