Spike Camp

Dog Logic

badsection

Dog Logic
« on: August 06, 2017, 04:42:29 PM »
Learning all the time from my dog!  We humans over complicate life. First, water. Second, food. Third. a safe place to sleep. Fourth, somebody you care about and cares about you.  He says the rest is cat shit!   :)

musicman

• View Profile
Re: Dog Logic
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 05:36:34 PM »
If you take your dog, lock him up in the trunk of a car, and take your wife/girlfriend, and lock her up in the trunk of another car; go back an hour later, and let both of them out, who is going to be overjoyed, and happy to see you.  I tell you, my dog, even when he does something beastly in the house, tears or shreds something, I can't hardly fuss at him anymore.  He is just so.... devoted and loving to me.  He looks at me after an event like that with that "I really didn't mean to do that" look in his eyes,, and I just HAVE to forgive him.  A true friend, and really, a part of me.  MM

badsection

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 05:39:45 PM »
If you take your dog, lock him up in the trunk of a car, and take your wife/girlfriend, and lock her up in the trunk of another car; go back an hour later, and let both of them out, who is going to be overjoyed, and happy to see you.  I tell you, my dog, even when he does something beastly in the house, tears or shreds something, I can't hardly fuss at him anymore.  He is just so.... devoted and loving to me.  He looks at me after an event like that with that "I really didn't mean to do that" look in his eyes,, and I just HAVE to forgive him.  A true friend, and really, a part of me.  MM
Amen!  My dog is more my family that any 2 legged critter!    :)

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 05:51:34 PM »
"IF you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain
DosEquisShooter

badsection

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 06:05:13 PM »
"IF you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain
Outstanding quote!   ;D

badsection

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 06:08:20 PM »
BTW, if you really want to discuss my dog's point of view, he is willing to accept your surrender in the form of a rib eye steak, raw, frozen, cooked, he isn't picky. LOL! 

Jameson

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 10:55:38 AM »
"The dog has got more fun out of Man than Man has got out of the dog, for the clearly demonstrable reason that Man is the more laughable of the two animals." James Thurber
JP

badsection

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 03:39:06 PM »
James Thurber must have observed my dog.  Barking at people with his front paws up on the fence with his toy in his mouth is threatening? The simple appearance of a GSD intimidates many.  The fun part is at the school bus stop when the kids will pet him and the look of panic on the parent's faces.  The dog loves the attention and keeping him "socialized" is a good thing. I foster cared for a ton of dogs and owned a bunch more. This one I Inherited  is special !  ;D

badsection

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 04:29:17 PM »
The single most dangerous dog I encountered was a Jack Russell after "Wishbone" on TV.  The inbreeding began!  That dog bit a 5 year old on the face before my G F "saved" it. It bit her and her friend. It bit my son in the face. He was in his 20's and seriously wanted to kill it.  I should have let him! Scary part, the neighborhood kids saw him as TV idol! The dog attacked me in the middle of the night. Fatal mistake!

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 06:30:35 PM »
The single most dangerous dog I encountered was a Jack Russell after "Wishbone" on TV.  The inbreeding began!  That dog bit a 5 year old on the face before my G F "saved" it. It bit her and her friend. It bit my son in the face. He was in his 20's and seriously wanted to kill it.  I should have let him! Scary part, the neighborhood kids saw him as TV idol! The dog attacked me in the middle of the night. Fatal mistake!

That's a Jack Russell for you, I love them but don't turn your back on the little monsters!!

badsection

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2017, 07:05:40 PM »
Most incredible jumpers !  A cool dog I foster cared for was a Irish Wolfhound.  Huge, friendly as hell and never barked!  I don't think one would deal with the weather here! 100 Plus heat indexes for 70 some days now!   :)

Stacy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2017, 11:34:27 PM »
Learning all the time from my dog!  We humans over complicate life. First, water. Second, food. Third. a safe place to sleep. Fourth, somebody you care about and cares about you.

5th...a little "quality" time with the neighbor's female poodle... ;D

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2017, 03:00:31 PM »
Bad, Rambo is a wonderful dog, and way better looking than the owner.  LOL!!!!!  You know I love Rambo, specially since he fell in love with my wife's Shi-Tzu.....LMAO!!!!!  those would have been some seriously ugly dogs....LMAO!!!!!
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

badsection

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 03:15:51 PM »
First, Rambo has a thing for the neighbor's blonde (Golden Retriever) Yea, PARA45, he had a thing for Oreo! Ha, he met that dog before you did!  ;D